Author Topic: The (r)Evolution of the Empulse  (Read 1216 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
The (r)Evolution of the Empulse
« on: November 03, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »
I presume that this is because I put my deposit down for an Empulse, but yesterday I received a very nice surprise from Adrian Stewart over at Brammo.

It's an 9 1/2 x 8 inch 56 page book titled "The (r)Evolution of the Empulse" by Charles Lee.

It's beautiful, full of photographs of the Empulse in various stages of development, along with some commentary. The publication has some pictures that I had seen before over the years, many that are new to me (specifically the ones showing the Empulse being worked on), and includes pictures of the Empulse RR with the striking black and white checkered icon livery.

This may be similar to the booklet that was handed out during the launch, but the cover page stated that is was "the second revision of the book", which is why the pictures are so current.

There was an accompanying letter that starts off:
"Congratulations on choosing to become the proud owner of a 2013 Brammo Empulse R."

I'm not exactly sure why I got this gift, but I'll take this as an indication that I'm one step closer to getting a bike! ;D Woohoo!

Thank you Adrian!
Richard #935 #595 #44

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: The (r)Evolution of the Empulse
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:33:41 PM »
Cool!

Pouts.  :(  Looks at his 2 copies sitting on the shelf (one from the launch party, one from a "caption this" contest).  Feels left out.  Starts bawling violently "Why!  Oh, why do I never get anything cool!". Grabs old motorcycle key and starts jabbing it into his forehead.  :'(

Idea light goes on!  Runs to mailbox.  Oh, hey!  A brown paper envelope from Brammo!  Feels again like Brammo is really really cool... ;)

OK, humor from my inner kid aside, this version does have more pages.  I didn't read every caption, but I flipped through both and all the pages seemed to be there but the old version goes from the picture you see on p. 49 directly to that last picture of the Empulse in front of the headquarters.  50-54 look like the new content (and at least one page had the layout flipped).  The color in the new version is also more subdued and natural - in the old book everyone looked a bit orange like they had been exposed to nuclear radiation or a fake spray-on tan.

(Oh, and the old version was hard-bound, but that was a bit overkill for a booklet this thin so I'm glad they are now going with a handier format, especially if that was part of what improved the color...)

(And, technically my second copy isn't on the shelf, I donated it to Scuderia West so they'd have more marketing material, but that didn't make as good a visual for my inner child's tantrum.)
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »
Hmmm... I just received yet another copy in the mail.  Somebody at HQ is getting itchy with keeping the customers happy with glossy brochures.

This may be related to the fact that I may have submitted a new order on the web site to confirm my pre-order after the final specs were announced and the 2 battery size configurations were replaced with R/non-R, but I was only ever assigned one order number in the system...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: The (r)Evolution of the Empulse
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »
So, is this the fourth copy for you? Yikes.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The (r)Evolution of the Empulse
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:41 AM »
So, is this the fourth copy for you? Yikes.
I got my one copy! Very nice, I'm like 580+ on the list, so they are sending me out. I did put a deposit down, so maybe only then do you get one,,, and although not *promised*, I was told I could have my bike end of December or early January!  :D
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
gah!  I wish they would take my deposit already!

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
gah!  I wish they would take my deposit already!
I stacked up my 4 copies (well, 3 out of the 4) and looked for a start button, but couldn't find it.  It was also a little cramped to sit on... :(