Author Topic: Enertia+ in November?  (Read 2152 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
Enertia+ in November?
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »
Hi all,

another thread about my Enertia Plus order. There seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. Both Brammo and my local dealer claim that (before the end of) this month an Enertia+ will be ready for me. As always, I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm a little sad that the bike will immediately have to get used to the bad weather this autumn, but I'm not going to wait another winter before I drive it, so we'll see how it goes.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Enertia+ in November?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:52:40 AM »
I hope you get it soon. One of the best things about electric bikes is that you don't have to winterize them. If there's a break in the weather in the middle of January, you can ride.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Courcheval

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Enertia+ in November?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »
Some enertias are starting to be offered for sale in France :

http://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/offres/corse/occasions/?f=a&th=1&q=brammo

Unfortunatly these are the 3 years old models, so buyers wont be too happy to find out they bought an outdated model right before the new one hits the market. Brammo is not very wise to regard the european market as a destocking target, while it should naturally be a priority since the distances for commuting are lower in average and the use of two wheels commuters more developped than in the US. An oportunity that european manufacturers are not missing  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:58:20 PM by Courcheval »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
25th of November was the date that I was told at Intermot for the first Enertia plusses to arrive in Germany. that only leaves 5 days to get them to Amsterdam. This looks like a close call...

Winter riding in the Netherlands means a lot of salt on the roads. I use LOTS of vaseline to protect the metallic parts especially the front forks or they will corrode and their seals will break. Makes spring cleaning hard work but it is worth it if you care about your stuff.

Once you go EV, gas is history!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Re: Enertia+ in November?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
I hope you get it soon. One of the best things about electric bikes is that you don't have to winterize them. If there's a break in the weather in the middle of January, you can ride.

Yeah. I'm seeing a little less range (10% ish) with temps in the 30s, but the bike actually runs better in the cold. More power: hit a max of 90 mph on one test stretch, vs 86 mph max in the summer.

After all the problems I had with starting the gas bike and having to spend 5+ minutes letting it warm up... glad I'm done with that.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

antoinerev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
... Brammo is not very wise to regard the european market as a destocking target, ...

I don't think it is Brammo at all. It is the importer who is trying to get rid of the remaining demo/stock models before the new ones arrive. And yes the price doesn't seem right. But hey, it's Marseilles after all ;)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »
25th of November was the date that I was told at Intermot for the first Enertia plusses to arrive in Germany. that only leaves 5 days to get them to Amsterdam. This looks like a close call...

Latest news is: 20th november my Enertia+ is supposed to leave the factory in Hungary. So it is expected to arrive in Amsterdam in week 48 (the week of 26 november). We'll see what happens.

Winter riding in the Netherlands means a lot of salt on the roads. I use LOTS of vaseline to protect the metallic parts especially the front forks or they will corrode and their seals will break. Makes spring cleaning hard work but it is worth it if you care about your stuff.

That would explain why almost all shocks on my old motorcycle were leaking. Just put a lot of vaseline on them?
I'm glad there's (almost?) no chrome on the Enertia because that also couldn't really handle the winter salt I guess. It all came off on my old bike, revealing corroded aluminum.

Any other tips for the winter? I worry most about cold hands because there will be no hot engine to warm my hands on, while stopped at traffic lights.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
Handlebar muffs help for cold hands (you still need good winter gloves though) but they also keep your gloves dry when it is raining which helps this time of year!

You just rub/spray vaseline on all things metal except the disc brakes duh, so also the shiny bits and chrome. It will turn almost black during the winter because dirt sticks to it. But once it is on it usually stays on the whole winter. And it works wonders protecting against salt.

I also use Heidenau Snowtex tires, I gave them a try 3 years ago and after one week I was convinced. These tyres are very good. No idea if they are available in the size for the enertia though.

I really hope that they make that date. You will be one of the first in Europe to have your very own Enertia Plus. How cool is that!
Once you go EV, gas is history!

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
Latest news is: 20th november my Enertia+ is supposed to leave the factory in Hungary. So it is expected to arrive in Amsterdam in week 48 (the week of 26 november). We'll see what happens.

I hope your info is correct....

Any other tips for the winter?

Don't use anything with 2 wheels when the weather forecast gives negative ground temperature especially in combination with fog....
CBke

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »
Both Brammo and my local dealer claim that (before the end of) this month an Enertia+ will be ready for me.

Any news ??

For me, the same old song, almost as old as Gavin ;-)
CBke

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »
Any news ??
For me, the same old song, almost as old as Gavin ;-)

Yes it's still the same song but I think we're near the end of it. I was told that a shipment of Enertia Pluses has reached the German Brammo Headquarters and for some reason they need a software update. When that's done, they'll be shipped to the Belgian importer which will then send them to the dealer. Brammo says they hope they can ship them later this week.

Hopefully there will not be anything else holding those bikes back, and sometime next week we could be riding them. I hear there may be snow however... :o

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
Hopefully there will not be anything else holding those bikes back, and sometime next week we could be riding them. I hear there may be snow however... :o

I hope you get it before the snow.
It would really suck to have that machine at hand and not be able to ride... >:(

Good luck and ride safe!

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
So... the snow today was more like sleet, but the bad news is that the bikes are still in Germany waiting for a software update that needs to come from the US before they're allowed to ship them. And once more I'm disappointed. I keep hoping that I've heard the last excuse but now I guess I'll just forget about riding my new motorcycle before the new year. I'm tired of waiting.

For those of you who are on the delivery list for an Empulse, I hope the US factory does a better job and just delivers them when they said they would, and not drag along for another three or four months before actually delivering them.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
For those of you who are on the delivery list for an Empulse, I hope the US factory does a better job and just delivers them when they said they would, and not drag along for another three or four months before actually delivering them.

As you probably know, the first Empulse was delivered on December 7 (no word about the 2nd customer yet, I wonder how that's going). Brammo must be working like fiends to get the finishing touches done. Take a look at the revision date of the manual (top right corner): 12/06/2012 -- that's the day before the first bike was delivered.

Brammo has never been very direct with me (or anybody) about delivery. At Daytona, when I asked Brian when the bike was going to be delivered, he said "soon". I hoped that meant before the end of the year, and now I think more probably January or February. Making plans based on my hoped for date of delivery would be futile and frustrating, so like everybody else (except Ain, you lucky dog) I'm just going to wait, and keep on riding my gas bike until I get a call from the dealer.

The good news is that Brammo is actually going to deliver bikes to everybody who wants one. Troy, in the motorcycle.com review, called the Empulse a "loch Ness monster", since he had heard so much about it but never seen one (until his review). Other EV companies have been building prototypes and showing them off, but are still nowhere when it comes to making an affordable consumer product. I predict that by this time next year, all of this pain will be a distant memory (unless you're waiting for the next Brammo product!)
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »
Making the leap from a one-off concept to a consumer product is huge, and typically where most EV hopefuls falter.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/