Author Topic: December Delivery News  (Read 46161 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
December Delivery News
« on: December 03, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
It's been rather quiet over at Brammo HQ over the past few weeks. I was kind of expecting cheers from happy customers saying that they had received a phone call from the dealer telling them to come over for a test ride, but that hasn't happened.

Hopefully, Craig "Santa" Bramscher will be encouraging his worker elves to build us some bikes so we can have a very merry Christmas.

(I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody turns the above sentence into a Christmas image using their mad Photoshop skills.)

I hope that somebody gets a bike this month and tells us all about it.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: December Delivery News
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
I wish everyone who has ordered an Empulse R a very merry Christmas.  :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
What Richard said.

I'm ready to close the "Empulse in production???!" chapter and open the "zomg Empulse is awesome" chapter.

I bet everyone at Brammo is ready for this as well.

I hope they kick a large number of bikes out the door early this month so they can take some time off to enjoy time with their families.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »
I hope this won't turn into a lump of coal or a gallon of gas, but I really hope all of you get your Empulses by Christmas. It would make one hell of of Christmas gift, especially to those who can still ride during the winter!
I am really curious to see you guys (safely) pushing it to its limits and posting the results here.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »
I hope Santa brings me some coal.. Zero's gotta eat somehow.

It's been cold (30-40) recently, but this week's highs are in the 60s and 70s. Fantastic riding weather!

AJ Nin

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
If delays last through December, Zero will eat their lunch for them with the 2013s. I know what I would do...buy a Zero and cancel my order. I'm sure Brammo is aware of losing sales with delays into the New Year though. You know Zero will not be delayed. The dealers already went to California and test rode the new Zeros and were quite impressed from what I hear...doing wheelies with the new FX. I know where and when to test ride a 2013 Zero,  but I have no idea where or when to test ride an Empulse. That right there is already a problem. Where are the dealers?  I keep hearing Polaris dealers, but not my Polaris dealer, or Harley dealer. I already asked.

Derrz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
I received a call this weekend from a dealer in PA that Brammo just opened up so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.  He said that he would have bike(s) in 3 weeks but he wasn't sure if they would be demos or actually available for sale.  I've only been on the pre-order list for a couple months so I'm doubtful that I'd be getting one anytime soon.  The phone call was a nice surprise though.

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
[Likely] the same dealer from PA contacted me this AM. Awesome news. I'm in Raleigh, NC, so it will be interesting do see what kind of deal we can work out for shipping. I won't be headed up there for a test ride and and likely won't make the trek to pick up a bike either. But if shipping is cost prohibitive, then I might be stuck with a tough decision.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
If PA is the closest dealer to you, that is not a good sign. Weren't they supposed to have at least one in Maryland?

Also, wasn't 3 weeks the same thing they told someone else on this list about a month and a half ago or something like it?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
[Likely] the same dealer from PA contacted me this AM. Awesome news. I'm in Raleigh, NC, so it will be interesting do see what kind of deal we can work out for shipping. I won't be headed up there for a test ride and and likely won't make the trek to pick up a bike either. But if shipping is cost prohibitive, then I might be stuck with a tough decision.

Shipping for the Zero was $400 cross-country. That may have been a special rate from the factory; if I had it shipped to Hollywood Electrics for modification before delivery, it would have cost $700.

If the bike ships directly from Brammo, I would expect it to be around $400 too.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »
i think shipping is free if coming directly from Brammo....

of course I don't know if any bikes are shipping directly from Brammo...

Gavin

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
If the bike ships directly from Brammo, I would expect it to be around $400 too.

The dealer checked and told me that shipping directly from the factory was not an option offered by the OEM. Makes sense to me, as I see this as a way of moving liability to the dealer to ensure that the motorcycle is safe and ready for the customer. But with the still limited dealer network, that means that things are going to be difficult for distanced buyers like me.

It means I have to pay double shipping if the dealer decides to stick me with a destination charge to cover their shipping from the factory. There's also the dealer prep fee which might cover the un-crating, assembling (mirrors), reprogramming, adjusting, and topping off of coolant. But if they're going to disassemble it, re-crate it, and ship it to me, what if it's damaged during shipping to me. I'm getting a bike that's not 100%, yet that's what I paid the prep fee for?

I really want to support these early dealers, because they're taking a risk that deserves to be rewarded. Hopefully we'll come to good agreement for both of us. Shipping from Ashland is a great approach because it saves carbon and cuts costs, but it also cuts these regional dealers out of the loop.

I have family in FL, so another option for me is to buy it from the Tampa dealer over the holidays if the timing works out. But then again, who knows when my pre-order number comes up. I don't want to skip line, but it could be a while. If the dealers are slow to get their merchandise and if they're slow in dispersing that merchandise over such a large region, then it could be difficult to honor that wait list.

BTW, I paid MSRP + $475 for prep and shipping when I got my Enertia from Best Buy in Ashland. So that's what I'm looking to pay for the Empulse. I did all of the tax and title work myself. Oops, did I just show my cards to the PA dealer. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:23:20 AM by implovator »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Production is indeed underway, that's definitely confirmed. BUT, I know that I wont receive my Empulse until January (last I heard). I will take delivery at a local dealership here in Denver. I still dont know which dealership that is though...

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
 I just stopped in at Scuderia West. Don says that the first customer delivery will be this Friday.

And, they just got a brand-new test model this morning with a new updated firmware. He says it's really smooth overall and that the clunk when you first roll on the throttle is now gone. While we were talking he was able to sit on the bike in the showroom and gently roll on the throttle and it would only creep forward very slightly and very controllably, no visible oraudible clunk at all!

I can't wait to try out the new model and I wonder who is the lucky guy who is getting one this Friday? Anyone on here?
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
Great news...and it's amazing how much can be fixed, adjusted and changed with software updates...

Gavin