Author Topic: December Delivery News  (Read 46159 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: December Delivery News
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »
I gained a little insight into the preorder process today. This shouldn't be treated as first-hand knowledge, but rather my observations as a customer and overall friendly chap. :) I just thought I'd share it in case it eases some of the frustration that we're getting from really just not knowing. I don't think Brammo's dragging their feet or witholding information. It's just a complicated process.

There's certainly a lot going on at once, and Brammo's Head of Dealer Development is right in the middle of it. Firstly, he's working to establish the dealer network, a task that I imagine must be tough for this new market segment. Secondly, he's distributing the preorder customers to the various dealers to give them the first chance to make sales to those nearby customers. Thirdly, he's determining the disbursement of bikes to the various dealers while honoring the preorder list. In order for dealers to secure those bikes, they are soliciting a deposit from their preorder customers. In my case, I'm still trying to work out the terms of my sale before sending in my deposit which seems to lock me to that dealer. So that's another delay that has to be managed.

Of course, as a customer I'm free to shop around to other dealers as well. I've started to do just that, but it's really in everyone's interest for me to stick with my regional dealer in PA. Luckily, the salesman from PA has been flexible so far. Until Brammo's dealer network expands, these existing dealers are going to have a lot of out-of-town customers like me with special shipping and documentation needs. We're all in this together at this point. Until this market segment hits critical mass, customers need to be patient, dealers need to be agile and adapt their sales practices, and Brammo needs to build both their network and more Empulses.

It also seems like the preorder list is very healthy. It might still be too early to know how many of those are converting to customers, but I get the feeling that quite a few are. The Tampa dealer reportedly has 20 preorders and is really interested in getting more bikes for the showroom. Some of that might be salesman hyperbole, but he sounded genuine. I'm sure the CA dealers are way more packed with preorders as well. And at #527 in the list, I might be PA's first customer and that puts me at an estimated late December to early January.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
20 preorders.. hope a bunch of those turn in sales. There could be a small Empulse biker gang rolling around..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »
20 preorders.. hope a bunch of those turn in sales. There could be a small Empulse biker gang rolling around..

Oooh... has the makings of a new Hollywood B-Movie: Local folks get nervous at the first faint whirring sound as, somewhere in the wild west, a bunch of guys with pocket protectors and tape on their glasses comes whining into town on all-black Empulses, their trigger fingers itching to hack into the local bank's computers...

Ebert

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
What is the name of the dealer in PA and where is it located? I don't see any dealers in PA on their website and I still haven't heard from a dealer. Guess I need to get on the horn and get me on two wheels again!

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
Martin Motorsports in Boyertown, PA

Ebert

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »
What and where are the other new locations that aren't on the Brammo website?

Derrz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
Martin Motorsports in Boyertown, PA

This is the same one that called me.

Ebert

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
That dealership is about an hour (50 miles) from my house.  Score...less than one full charge!  No shipping required! Are there any other dealerships in Jersey or Maryland?

Derrz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
That dealership is about an hour (50 miles) from my house.  Score...less than one full charge!  No shipping required! Are there any other dealerships in Jersey or Maryland?

I am also an hour away so I'm thrilled.  I was expecting to need to have it shipped in from another state.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
I just stopped in at Scuderia West. Don says that the first customer delivery will be this Friday.

And, they just got a brand-new test model this morning with a new updated firmware. He says it's really smooth overall and that the clunk when you first roll on the throttle is now gone. While we were talking he was able to sit on the bike in the showroom and gently roll on the throttle and it would only creep forward very slightly and very controllably, no visible oraudible clunk at all!

I can't wait to try out the new model and I wonder who is the lucky guy who is getting one this Friday? Anyone on here?

So photos tomorrow in San Fran...who's gonna go spy on Scuderia?

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:35 AM »
Very excited to see who picks up the first Empulse! A celebrity perhaps? Lucky bastard...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 09:46:47 AM »
I just hope that someone posts some photos and documents the moment. So tired of hearing the "v" word. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »
Hmmm, celebs?

Ryan Reynolds?
Mayor of San Francisco?
Jeremy D?

Will be fun to find out.

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »
Hmmm, celebs?

Ryan Reynolds?
Mayor of San Francisco?
Jeremy D?

Will be fun to find out.

Gavin
LOL! Im a celebrity? Hardly... trust me though, if I was getting my bike today I wouldn't be keeping it a secret. I was told January (maybe).

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 11:10:09 AM »
Hey, You've had your face up on Times Square...that = celebrity to me. :)

I have heard..."A Bay Area entrepreneur called ......"

Gavin