Author Topic: EmpulseBuyer's Empulse  (Read 2092 times)

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: EmpulseBuyer's Empulse
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
First impression, while the Empulse looks fantastic in pictures, they just dont do the real deal justice. This bike looks amazing in person. Adam (Brammo) went through all of the bikes features and the delivery experience was top notch.
I agree, it looks way better in person, although it still looks badass in photos. Adam is a great guy and very helpful with questions I've had.

The ride home was exhilarating, FUN, and kind of interesting all at the same time. I felt a slight bit of discomfort with all the attention this bike attracts, but Im sure i will get used to it. It was just more than I had expected. Of course it didnt help that I was on a very busy road in the middle rush hour no less.
I know the feeling. I get tons of people stopping, rolling down windows, trying to talk to me. I get pedestrians walking up to me as they're crossing in front of me and stop for a chat... held up traffic a few times....it's fun sometimes, but it does make me nervous when I'm distracted from the riding.

At first the gearing felt a bit odd but after a few shifts, I felt right at home. I did have to be mindful not to pull the clutch at stops, that will take some getting used to.
There's nothing wrong with pulling the clutch in at stops, and then releasing it. It's not going to damage anything. Just don't pull it in and try to start like an ICE bike.

Contrats on the bike!

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »
Congrats! 3 EVs under one roof.. pretty awesome ; ) Empulse of course is the coolest..

Don't forget the solar panels on said roof.  He's living the dream.

Congrats EB!  Or is it now "ER" instead of "EB"?   I'm looking forward to hearing all the ER reports after the weather clears up enough to ride!

Wait, that doesn't sound quite right...   ;D

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 11:35:03 PM »
Yeah "ER" doesnt sound quite right. ;)

Looks like tomorrow will be my first chance to joy ride without getting rained on! Im taking quite a risk tooling around on this bad boy being that I dont even have tags yet! They warned me when I left that I would have to wait 7 days or so to even get them... something about the dealer waiting for a proper dealer ID for Brammo in Colorado. No way was that gonna stop me from taking it home though!!

Lets start a pool on how long it will take me to get pulled over on this attention magnet with NO tags... 1 day, 2 days? I think I will just have to stick to the back roads for now. ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:37:50 PM by EmpulseRider »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 12:48:02 AM »
could be worse.. Empulse Driver.

"Smart ForTwo Electric Drive" .. possibly most unfortunate acronym ever.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
EO= Empulse owner.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »
E-BOZ = Empulse - Buyer Owner ZOMG!
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
LOL... "Empulse Driver".

I just like Empulse Rider fellas, I will stick with that for now... If I end up in the ER, feel free to crack jokes at my expense ;-)

So im currently confined to my subdivision since I have no tags, yet. Im supposed to get them this week but at this point I cant even get temp tags at the DMV! Must be (more) patient...

So, thought I would mention that I have taken a few rides around my neighborhood (great twisties here BTW) and Im getting a lot of confused looks... even a few audible "woah!"s. So much fun, but I really need to get out on the open road, unfortunately I live near a popular speed trap so i need to take it easy... until I get my tags.

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
It is like an ancient Chinese torture.  It all starts as a wait on waiting list.  Then the wait gets longer with a transmission swap.  Then longer with a motor swap.  Then when you win, another wait for a Colorado dealership to get one. 

Now, even once you've got one, you still have to wait even more. 

I keep thinking Brammo will announce that they've been participating in a multi-year Southern Oregon University study on the psychological effects of delayed gratification...

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 02:07:25 AM »
I'm waiting too.  My Empulse (non-R) was supposed to ship last Wednesday.  I thought it might arrive by Friday since the dealership is only 300 miles north of Ashland.  With the dealership closed on Monday I'll have to wait until Tuesday (at least).  That's OK as it's suppose to rain on Monday.  I might have to drive to Ashland to get it if it doesn't show up on Tuesday  :D

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »
I should mention that Liberty Mutual, who covers my RAV4 EV and Volt, will not cover my Empulse. The rep on the phone told me that the Empulse was "not in our system" and "we dont specialize in motorcycles", then went on to recommend Progressive.

The online system at progressive.com was seamless for the Empulse, and now Im fully covered. I bumped up my coverage from what was suggested, and pay a fair 60/month. Not bad... but not great either.

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
Thanks fellas. I got some pictures coming soon... of the entire lineup. My dream garage is complete! Well, minus a Tesla Model S but the RAV4 almost qualifies. ;)
Good luck on the Tesla,, I can't get mine till the Empulse is paid off!!  8)
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-

shocker

• Ride Softly and Carry a Big Wattage
  • Enciter
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 12:03:25 AM »
Don't worry, Jeremy, but I had faxed all the information needed to the state of Colorado after they turned me down at the DMV last week.  Hopefully, I will get a call this week to invite me back to pay them some money in exchange for a tag.  Lara from the state called me last Friday saying that she would of start the process if not for their system being down.  Talking about more endeavors for getting our winning Empluses running on the road, LOL.  BTW, my agent only charges me $60 for 6 months of full coverage, but it is probably because I look like a safer rider than you.  :P  Or, his estimate is way off, and I will get a new rate after they get the Empulse on their system.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:18:30 AM by shocker »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »
Don't worry, Jeremy, but I had faxed all the information needed to the state of Colorado after they turned me down at the DMV last week.  Hopefully, I will get a call this week to invite me back to pay them some money in exchange for a tag.  Lara from the state called me last Friday saying that she would of start the process if not for their system being down.  Talking about more endeavors for getting our winning Empluses running on the road, LOL.  BTW, my agent only charges me $60 for 6 months of full coverage, but it is probably because I look like a safer rider than you.  :P  Or, his estimate is way off, and I will get a new rate after they get the Empulse on their system.

This Ray I assume? Welcome to the forum! $60 for 6 months of full coverage!? Wow... Not sure if they gave you the correct quote, I would check into that. Anyway, as far as the temp tags go, I thought the fellas at the dealership were supposed to handle that. I called last Thursday and he said he could not get me one yet but would call when he could... havent heard anything yet.

shocker

• Ride Softly and Carry a Big Wattage
  • Enciter
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 12:58:30 AM »
Yes, this is Ray.  Adrian Stewart said he would look into it as well, so, among the work done by us, we should get our tags soon.  Had to tell the lady at the DMV that it has no CC, as it does not burn gas, LOL.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
Thanks Ray. Cool profile quote BTW. "Ride Softly and Carry a Big Voltage" *Nice!*

I really wanted to ride into work today, but no temp tag yet...  :'( (Not that I havent already pushed my luck a few times) I will call the dealership again today... kinda surprised Brammo has not announced who the Denver dealership is yet. They may be waiting on another shipment of bikes, as I was told the first shipment was already spoken for and they still need a demo bike.