Author Topic: This one's mine!  (Read 5129 times)

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: This one's mine!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »
Hi! Tomorrow I´m gonna get mine! Hopefully.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
SWEET.

Have fun, ride safe....

Gavin

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
Today I got my Enertia+ !
Oh yes. And it is definitly the very first in Austria, thus I have to wait at least until friday, the CoC needs to be added to the authorities...

Wait wait wait.

In the meantime it could customize my Enertia, haha, maybe some leather ribbons or a sissy bar...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »
Congratulations!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »
When do you pick it up?

The dealer needs to get it approved at the RDW (the Dutch equivalent of the DMV) and it needs to get a licence plate before I can insure it. And then I can pick it up so it may take another day or two. It will probably have to wait till the weekend because even though I want that bike in my hands ASAP, the freezing temperatures around here make me a little less eager to drive it.

I think CBke will probably beat me to it, but he's from Belgium so I'll still be the first in the Netherlands :P

FrankH is on the road ( and probably doesn't have time to post anything here )

https://twitter.com/EVC_Heemskerk/status/281834317997563904/photo/1/large

Me ? I'm still busy with the paper works ....
CBke

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
Congratulations to Frank! Ok, this time the Dutch are faster than the Austrians...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
Congrats to all my Euro friends getting some cool electric vehicles to ride. :)

Photos...Thoughts....

Like the little woman in Poltergeist said, "All are welcome"

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »

Caption: Klant "ready for takeoff" met zijn nieuwe Brammo Enertia.

@EVC_Heemskerk E-Vervoer Centrum
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »
Seeing other people on Enertia Plus motorcycles has driven me to extreme action...

He is a photo of me riding a Jet Ski out to the boat shipping the Pluses to the States....

Gavin

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »
nice :)

putting it up here. if you don't mind

Gavin

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
FrankH is on the road ( and probably doesn't have time to post anything here )

https://twitter.com/EVC_Heemskerk/status/281834317997563904/photo/1/large

Me ? I'm still busy with the paper works ....

You're right, thanks to Twitter I won't have to post any pix here myself ;)

But the paperworks also kept us busy. The CoC that the dealer presented at the RDW could not be entered into the system and because of that, my Enertia is not yet registered for use on the road here (and cannot get a licence plate yet). Here it is, waiting for approval that didn't come while the employee was away trying to get some advice on the situation:

Maybe it's the same issue that you're facing, CBke? The CoC has a number ending in 02 when only certificates ending in 00 and 01 are known in the system over here. It felt like a scene from 'Brazil' or some Kafka novel.

But, today I did drive it to the vehicle inspection station and then to work and after that I drove it home (some 60km in total) so now it's really mine. I'm not allowed to drive it anymore though :( until it's licenced. And that may take until next year because of the holidays and all.

When I did drive it, I was pretty excited (even when it was about 2 degrees C - just above freezing). It felt great to be riding again after two (three?) months on my bicycle.
But:
The suspension is a bit rough (but I'm not a heavy guy so it may need some adjustment or just needs to wear in a bit) so it felt a little bouncy sometimes.
Also, I'm not so excited about the acceleration from standing still: I had no real trouble staying ahead of cars behind me at traffic lights but it feels a little slow. Only after you hit 30kph or something, can you feel some acceleration coming on.
When I was on the highway for a short stretch I couldn't get past 110kph: it seems like it's limited artificially because I didn't have the throttle open as wide as it goes and I was going into a tunnel (downhill).
Both these issues I feel should be adjustable in some way. I'd really like it to accelerate a bit more and wouldn't mind being able to do 120kph on the highway.

So - no driving reports from me in the near future but all in all, a happy day.

Frank

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »
110 km/h = 69 mph
120 km/h = 75 mph

For our metric-challenged readers.. and me : P I try to think in metric, but gorram I am not used to it for some units of measure.

Pretty good considering Brammo rates the top speed at 60+ mph = 96+ km/h .. until it got cooler here, I could only get my Zero up to 86 mph of the 88 it was specced for. I've hit 90 since in a tuck .. so the power is there for me, but the stock controller cooling is too limited.

Very cool to see our Euro members getting their hands on the Enertia Plus.. merry xmas to you all! And a merry xmas to us as well with the Empulse : )

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:19:16 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »
Hee Frank!

Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe fiets, hopelijk heb je het droog gehouden vandaag. Wat een rotweer om te rijden, bah.

Maybe the cold and todays strong wind limited the performance. My Vectrix also has less performance in these conditions. Today I barely made it to the office. The bike would not go faster than 80km/h on the last bit of motorway, battery completely flat... I need a new bike with better batteries ASAP!
Strong headwind and cold battery cells = poor performance and range.

Now that there are at least two ElMoto's in Amsterdam we can agree on an ElMoto bar to share our heroic stories :) One with a few chargepoint in front of course...

Have you arranged a chargepoint subscription already? Nuon has released a contract where you only pay per KWh and no monthly fee.

You will also need a Mennekes adapter including communication box. I bought one from Oscar Motorservice. Expensive though (285€)
Once you go EV, gas is history!

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »
You will also need a Mennekes adapter including communication box. I bought one from Oscar Motorservice. Expensive though (285€)

Could be worse oplaadpunten.eu selling it for 375,10 €
I've found it at easyelectric for 284,60 € (thats prob. where Oscar get it)
http://www.easyelectric.nl/product.php?cat_id=14&prod_id=33
CBke