Author Topic: This one's mine!  (Read 5128 times)

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: This one's mine!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:15 AM »
You're right, thanks to Twitter I won't have to post any pix here myself ;)

Pix ? Now we have a movie !

First Brammo Enertia "Plus" in the Netherlands delivered to customer.
CBke

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
You will also need a Mennekes adapter including communication box. I bought one from Oscar Motorservice. Expensive though (285€)

Could be worse oplaadpunten.eu selling it for 375,10 €
I've found it at easyelectric for 284,60 € (thats prob. where Oscar get it)
http://www.easyelectric.nl/product.php?cat_id=14&prod_id=33

Easyelectric = Oscar Motorservice  ;D
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »
fell off jet ski...now swimming to cargo ship....

Gavin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:24:47 PM by Gavin »

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
Should have used one of these electric helicopters:    8)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 04:06:50 AM »
Battery-operated vertical takeoff vehicles are very hard, because of the fueling problem. Essentially, when you add more energy, you have to add more when you have to lift batteries as well (or any other heavy energy supply), you have to add more energy to compensate for the weight of the energy you're carrying. And then add more energy to compensate for the energy you just added..

http://what-if.xkcd.com/24/

One study on battery weight vs flighttime (PDF) showed that to maximize flight time, you want to have double the mass of the airframe in batteries.. and a local optimum in terms of flight time per battery weight ($$) is at 80% airframe mass in batteries.

1100 lbs of batteries in a 1900 lb airframe is pretty darn close to that 80% ..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »
You will also need a Mennekes adapter including communication box. I bought one from Oscar Motorservice. Expensive though (285€)
Could be worse oplaadpunten.eu selling it for 375,10 €
I've found it at easyelectric for 284,60 € (thats prob. where Oscar get it)
http://www.easyelectric.nl/product.php?cat_id=14&prod_id=33
Easyelectric = Oscar Motorservice  ;D

Ok, I'll see how often I find myself wanting to load at a normal EV loading station. I did register for the free account with Nuon, haven't received a confirmation yet. But since my Enertia's not legal yet, that's no problem...
In Amsterdam there are quite a lot of electric scooter loading points, those have a normal outlet I think (no adapter necessary) but since they're rarely used, the city has decided to start removing them again. :o

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »

Maybe it's the same issue that you're facing, CBke? The CoC has a number ending in 02 when only certificates ending in 00 and 01 are known in the system over here. It felt like a scene from 'Brazil' or some Kafka novel.

The post took a very long time to deliver a paper...
Insurance is ok now (25 € :-) )
Just waiting for the numberplate...

CBke

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »

Maybe it's the same issue that you're facing, CBke? The CoC has a number ending in 02 when only certificates ending in 00 and 01 are known in the system over here. It felt like a scene from 'Brazil' or some Kafka novel.

The post took a very long time to deliver a paper...
Insurance is ok now (25 € :-) )
Just waiting for the numberplate...

Numberplate arrived; papers from insurance ok; with numberplate to dealer; and of we go...

CBke

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
Wow. That was quite the process. Congrats! Nice to see bikes rolling out to all Brammo's patient fans! :)

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »
Riding a plus in Europe simply sounds awesome! Maybe Brammo should start a rental service in some main cities there. I would definitely rent an Enertia Plus to ride around some of those narrow streets.

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 02:14:11 AM »
I would definitely rent an Enertia Plus to ride around some of those narrow streets.
We do not only have donkey trails here in europe.
I know another reason while you should rent one in europe: They are available ;)

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 12:53:51 PM »
I would definitely rent an Enertia Plus to ride around some of those narrow streets.
We do not only have donkey trails here in europe.
I know another reason while you should rent one in europe: They are available ;)

I have driven in many of Europe's highways and I wouldn't take an Enertia anywhere near them. It's suicide. I just thought it would be a nice alternative to scooters. For the actual roads, I wouldn't take them with anything less than an Empulse and even that would be risky. A Lito Sora or a Lightning would be more appropriate for that kind of trip.

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
Oh I did not know yet that our highway are that well known in the states...
I also has never seen such a monument like the lito before...

In vienna we got a highway limited to 80 km/h, perfect for my Enertia...
And in the inner city are really narrow streets, maybe you have seen the "third man" of the late 40ies. Here its still the same today

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »
I have driven in many of Europe's highways and I wouldn't take an Enertia anywhere near them. It's suicide. I just thought it would be a nice alternative to scooters. For the actual roads, I wouldn't take them with anything less than an Empulse and even that would be risky. A Lito Sora or a Lightning would be more appropriate for that kind of trip.

I did 2000 miles in the Alps on a F800ST and wouldn't hesitate to do it again on an Empulse... much better handling bike for the hairpin turns. Just have to work out charging with the hotels at night... and have shorter kilos per day. Lovely, silent way to do some of the best roads on the planet.

Now I DO admit I wouldn't want to ride ANYTHING around those crazy Italian kids on liter bikes that come out on the weekends! My buddy said, "They don't obey the traffic laws." To which I replied, "Hell, they don't obey the laws of physics!" We saw two hit each other head on a straightaway. One died at the scene; the other removed by air ambulance. Insane. Sad. Darwin at work, I guess. :(