Author Topic: Accessory port  (Read 1633 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
Accessory port
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
Is this the Enertia+ accessory port? There's nothing about it in the manual so I thought the Plus didn't have one after all (I remember it being mentioned a long time ago).

If it is, what type of connector is it and what can I do with it?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Accessory port
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »
Can't answer, but hopefully this will get answered after Christmas... Or perhaps new years?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Accessory port
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:36:02 PM »
Hey Frank  -

I checked on my Empulse today and found the very same connector in the very same place.

First thing I did was turn the bike on and stick the leads from my multimeter in the holes. Yep, it's putting out 10.8 VDC. It is switched with the ignition, but the bike doesn't have to be in drive mode.

So this is addition to the other white connector under the tupperware on the right side on the Empulse. If I could find a mating connector (automotive store?), then this would be useful at least for a GPS unit, since I have no idea how big the fuse for this connector is.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:41:10 AM »
Frank,

This is not a 12Vdc accessory port, it's an un-used connector for a possible future accessory that was left in the harness.  The accessory port would be on the right handlebar on the Enertia Plus if there is one. It would also have a more common accessory connector.  The reason I am not speaking with certainty that it is there is that I don't know whether the 12Vdc accessory plug made  it into the final revision of harness that Flextronics is building the Plus with.   

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:33:42 AM »
Thanks Brian,

It doesn't look like there's another connector on the right handlebar, and there's nothing in the manual about it so I guess that accessory port didn't make it. There is a 4A/12V fuse for AUX listed in the manual though.

On closer inspection of the right handlebar I found this:

A picture shot from below. There it was, hidden underneath the handlebar and wrapped in a black sleeve. I bet this is the accesory port after all?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:41:18 AM by FrankH »

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
That's the one!

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:47:44 AM »
Whoa the Empulse Guy On A Quest for Heat jumped in and guessed totally wrong. I guessed strongly enough that, after spending all day trying to find the mating connector (Radio Shack, Orchard Supply, two auto parts stores, and, finally, my Scuderia dealer 12 miles away), I gave up and cut the connector. off

Then I installed Powerpole connectors, hooked up my heated jacket/gloves harness and dual controller and plugged in my gloves only. Not much heat through tiny wires, 10.8 V (dying car battery voltage!) and out of connector that is NOT the accessory port!

Alas there's no trailer-light connector on the right handlbar like you've pictured on the Enertia.

And the white two-pin connector on the upper right side of the bike, behind the cowling, is totally dead. Zero voltage.

So we leave our hero take aback, perty near tired from running around and stripping wires and soldering and zip tying. And shivering: still no heat.

Still no joy in Mudville.

Brian, any ideas on how I get 12V that works?

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
Brian, any ideas on how I get 12V that works?

My suggestion would be to contact Adam Lukoic, our Service Manager.  I don't know why you're not seeing 12V on the accessory connector (small white two-pin).  I did not realize that you were looking at the unused connector on the bar.  Sorry for the inconvenience.