Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

Empulse Rider Questions

<< < (2/12) > >>

BrammoBrian:

--- Quote from: Shinysideup on December 28, 2012, 04:14:24 PM ---"The accessory port provides approximately 100W @ 12VDC which should be just fine to run your heated jacket. It might be a push to run both your jacket and gloves. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

--- End quote ---

My calculation had some margin built into it, so Adam and I are still in agreement.  100W should be just fine.

flar:

--- Quote from: BrammoBrian on December 29, 2012, 03:52:47 AM ---maybe you were thinking 100 Amps?  If you rode for one hour, it would be 100 Watt-hours (100Wh).  Given that the battery pack is 9,300 Wh (nominally), then the use of 100Wh would cost you about 0.8 of a mile (based on 121Wh/mile) in range if you used the full battery capacity on a ride. 

--- End quote ---
Indeed, I'm not sure why I was thinking amps.

And it would only cost about .5 miles at 70.

For me, the city range is uninteresting because I'm not likely to do 120 miles at city speeds.  I'm much more likely to be range limited at highway speeds...

Shinysideup:
After riding the Empulse for a couple of weeks now in heavy traffic, I have an idea for an improvement.

The braking that comes from regen, especially the stronger version in "Sport" mode, is very effective in slowing the bike down. It's so effective that, especially on the freeway, I was cautious to back off the throttle without dabbing my brake pedal to flash the brake lights.

It occurred to me that the electronic geniuses at Brammo could monitor the regen current, and when it exceeds a certain threshold, have the circuit turn on the brake lights, preferably with a quick flash or two before a steady on, until either the brake is also used, or until the regen is no longer engaged.

No need to send me royalties for my idea!~  :-\

skuzzle:

--- Quote ---No need to send me royalties for my idea!~  Undecided
--- End quote ---
Sorry Tesla does this already.  From an autoweek Tesla S review:

--- Quote ---Part of the reason that the brakes feel so natural is the Tesla's approach to regenerative braking. Unlike many manufacturers, regeneration isn't controlled by the brake pedal at all--it's handled solely by the accelerator. Let off the pedal slightly, and the car begins meting juice back into the pack. Remove your right foot entirely and the sedan generates electricity at its maximum rate. A gyro measures the rate of deceleration and flicks on the LED brake lights accordingly.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120625/carreviews/120629886#ixzz2HketZGO0

--- End quote ---

implovator:
That is a great idea, and it's diminished none by the fact that the Tesla guys beat you too it. I've owned a few big twins and I use my brakes very little around town or on the interstate, so I always get in the habit of tapping the brake lights. It's really tough for cars to judge the distance and speed of motorcycles so I think this idea could be applied to all motorcycles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version