Author Topic: Need volunteers for a elmoto owners round table podcast for ESBK  (Read 1429 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys, I am looking to put together a round table of electric motorcycle owners to talk about what the realities are of owning one these bikes.  I want both Zero and Brammo owners, and even Vetrix owners as well.  Here is my dream list:

Harry
Gavin
ProtoMech
Richard230
Ain
KingCharles
Shinysideup

All you need is to be available for 1 1/2 hours all at the same time, a skype connection, or at least a phone number I can call you at.

I would prefer to do this on a Sunday or Monday evening.

Who's up for it?

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Need volunteers for a elmoto owners round table podcast for ESBK
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »
I could handle a phone call and Sunday or Monday evenings (PST) would be fine with me. Just don't ask me any technical questions.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »
Sunday evenings would be better for me. Monday evenings would be fine between 5-8 CST.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
If I can pull a good enough group together I plan on asking Zero and Brammo to each have a rep join us so they can handle the tech things, and be there to address concerns.  But I plan on having some rules for them. :D

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »
Either Sun or Mon could work for me, with Mondays being slightly preferable.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:48 AM »
I am willing to participate on a sunday or monday but because of time zones it may be a bit tricky.
I am in the Amsterdam time zone (CET aka GMT +1)
So I am 6 hours ahead of ET.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Need volunteers for a elmoto owners round table podcast for ESBK
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
I'd prefer Monday night, after 7pm central, but even then, I'll have to be on my cell. But sounds like fun.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »
The guy you really want to have speak about riding an electric motorcycle is Terry Hershner.  This is the fellow who rode his Zero from Florida to LA, then up to the Bay Area, where he is kicking around at the moment, before returning home on his Zero later this month.  But getting a hold of him might be pretty tough.  He never stops in one place for more than a short time. I have been trying to hook up with Terry for lunch as Alice's Restaurant, but he is having a tough time fitting that into his schedule so far. The last I heard he was planning to visit Tesla's HQ.

I think since he has owned his bike (which has also been raced), Terry has learned more about how to travel, charge and ride electric motorcycles than the rest of us combined. He should be closing in on 20K miles about now, since buying his bike in April.   :o

Check out the latest here:  https://www.facebook.com/lifeoffthegrid
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:33:08 AM by Richard230 »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
kingcharles has > 20k miles on his VX1, though I believe that's mostly commuting duty.

kingcharles, have you done any extended trips where you charged at a midpoint?

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
kingcharles has > 20k miles on his VX1, though I believe that's mostly commuting duty.

kingcharles, have you done any extended trips where you charged at a midpoint?

The Netherlands is a small country so even with the limited range of the Vectrix you can do lovely day trips. I had a few with my wife. The longest one was 100 KM and it required 3 charges!
Mostly using the charging time for lunch breaks or shopping  ;)
But I have used quite a few different public charge points in the Amsterdam and Utrecht area over the last 3 years.

edit: some Amsterdam charge points
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:57:36 PM by kingcharles »

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 12:38:12 AM »
@Richard230, I have been following and promoting Terry's adventure on my blog's facebook page.  I already planned to invite him to balance out the Zero/Brammo numbers.  But he's not on this forum, so I'll message him separately.  Plus, I plan on interviewing him after he gets home.  I like to get the biggest picture I can.  Also, I did get a quick interview with him at Daytona, and even shared a beer.  It would be on either Friday's or Saturday's recordings from Daytona.  But thank you for the heads up!   P.S. Can you PM me your phone number?

Everyone, Ok This Monday, 7pm CST.  My skype name is jazclrint.  Just "call" it and all I have to do is bring you into the group.  Easy.  I'll call Richard230.  What is the chance we can get Gavin and/or Ain in on this? 

Monday is going to be a long day on skype, as I have one other interview and am scheduling another!  Sweet.  Buying a new to me motorcycle Saturday night, MTB trail maintenance Sunday, and talking elmotos and racing on Monday.  Now that is a weekend!

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:09 AM »
I am really sorry KingCharles.  That makes it 2am for you, and clearly no one expects you to be up that late.  Maybe someday I can get one of these to happen on a Sunday morning. :D

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
I can probably do it...but I think Ain would be a better choice than me...after all there is already a long interview with me on your site...and there is only sooooo much Gavin people can take...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
That does sound like a good weekend : )

7 pm would be fine for me. If it runs longer than 8 pm then I will keep listening but will need go mostly quiet.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
I am really sorry KingCharles.  That makes it 2am for you, and clearly no one expects you to be up that late.  Maybe someday I can get one of these to happen on a Sunday morning. :D

No problem, thanks for inviting me to participate and I will certainly listen to the podcast once it's up!
Have fun chatting sunday :)