Author Topic: 2013: A bike Odyssey.  (Read 3347 times)

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: 2013: A bike Odyssey.
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »
almost all new vehicles have a destination charge.... nothing new there.... but if they screwed up, they're only really liable for repair of the damage.
Well in my opinion, if the shipping company screwed up then the cost of shipping the damaged bikes should be absorbed by the shipping company as well...   ???
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »
Well, it all boils down to what the shipping agreement was between Brammo and that shipping company. Damage insurance may not pay out for the cost of shipping, only the amount of damage.

So both you and I would be guessing right now, but I highly doubt that a shipping company would refund for cost of shipping.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
It's not my area of expertise within the company, so I don't have much more to add.  Just that there's already a team working on this (over the weekend) to straighten it out.  I have no doubt that they'll do whatever they can to make our customers happy. 

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »
Just a quick update, since I have to ride another hour and a half from Maitland to Melbourne next (on the old gasser, while the Empulse is charging).

I made it back home!! Woohoo!

The bike performed admirably once the dealer replaced the broken parts with bits off the non-broken bikes. (Thanks, fellas, for the parts ;))

Jamie, from the dealership did an outstanding job of getting something for me to take home. I was quite sad to find out that the bikes were damaged after making it 2/3 of the way over there, but happy to get hold of my bike today, even if it did have bits from other bikes on it.

One thing that the dealership needs is a level 2 charger. I think that they wanted to have the bike fully charged when I left with it, but they only had 110 V available. Once I discovered that that was the reason why I was still waiting, I told them to pass me the bike as soon as possible and that I would find a level 2 charging station along the way.

Anyway, I have to run right now. More details some other time...

P.S. Sorry for the lack of Twitter updates: I ran out of battery -- on my phone. :-(
Richard #935 #595 #44

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »
Richard,

Congrats on receiving the bike and getting her home!  Sorry you had some last minute drama with the shipment damage, but hopefully it was all forgotten when you got the bike on the road.  I'll be looking forward to more updates and thoughts as you get a chance to get more familiar with the bike and get past the break-in period so you can see what she's capable of in Sport mode! ;)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »
Congrats and don't worry one bit about bits from other bikes... they work and that's what counts. I had a bit of drama and it all comes out, like Brian sez, once you hit the road.

FWIW, I was good and stayed in "Normal" mode until 600 miles. I highly recommend that to others, and not just because the manual says that's the way to go. What's really cool about it: at 600 miles, you put her in "Sport" mode and that permanent grin you developed from owning an Empulse, doubles in size. It's like getting a whole new bike all over again.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 12:45:49 AM »
Huge congrats Freepz! Have fun and ride safe... so jealous.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:53 AM »
Congrats dude!  Can't wait to hear how the trip went down.

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »
Just a quick update, since I have to ride another hour and a half from Maitland to Melbourne next (on the old gasser, while the Empulse is charging).

I made it back home!! Woohoo!

Anyway, I have to run right now. More details some other time...

P.S. Sorry for the lack of Twitter updates: I ran out of battery -- on my phone. :-(

Congrats on getting your bike,, I'm still waiting for mine,,, Mondays the earliest I can pick it up,, and that makes 40 days since I paid for it!!!   Shipping from the mainland really bites!!! & my bikes been on a journey and a half!!! Have fun with yours and we can probably get up some mileage in the next few weeks comparable!!!

Cat jn Hawaii  8)
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »
I've written up some details about my trip to pick up the bike on my blog.

Take a look when you have a moment.

http://freepz.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/a-bike-odyssey/

I'm a bit short on time right now, but I'll write up my first impressions some in the near future.

@Brian Please send my thanks to the team for creating that bike. The whole idea of traveling 100 miles without using any gas is an idea that's taking a little bit of time to sink in, but it's pretty amazing.
Richard #935 #595 #44

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 07:12:25 PM »
I've written up some details about my trip to pick up the bike on my blog.

Take a look when you have a moment.

http://freepz.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/a-bike-odyssey/

I'm a bit short on time right now, but I'll write up my first impressions some in the near future.

Great blog entry, FreepZ! Congrats.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 11:23:40 PM »
And what's your story, implo?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »
I think it's a lot less happy than my story. I was PMing implovator about meeting up at the dealership while we picked up our bikes, but things didn't work out that way. :(

I just occurred to me that I missed seeing another Empulse buyer while I was over at Tampa. Since my bike wasn't going to be fixed for a while, I left the dealership for a couple of hours, at which time I think that somebody else picked up their bike. Oh well. Perhaps we'll have a meet up some time in the future.
Richard #935 #595 #44

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 09:37:12 AM »
@Brian Please send my thanks to the team for creating that bike. The whole idea of traveling 100 miles without using any gas is an idea that's taking a little bit of time to sink in, but it's pretty amazing.

Will do!  This kind of feedback is why we do this! :)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
I think it's a lot less happy than my story. I was PMing implovator about meeting up at the dealership while we picked up our bikes, but things didn't work out that way. :(

I just occurred to me that I missed seeing another Empulse buyer while I was over at Tampa. Since my bike wasn't going to be fixed for a while, I left the dealership for a couple of hours, at which time I think that somebody else picked up their bike. Oh well. Perhaps we'll have a meet up some time in the future.

Yep, my story wasn't as rosy. When I heard from FreepZ that he was contacted by Euro Cycles, I called up and found out that there was some kind of mix-up someplace and my White Empulse R wasn't on the truck. Bollocks. I half-wanted to press the issue and have white plastics overnighted in order to preserve my pre-order number (lowest at Euro Cycle). The buyers had already been contacted though, and I couldn't stand the thought disappointing three other lucky Empulse riders.

https://twitter.com/eurocyclesjamie/status/300368654195908608

No worries though. Another shipment to Euro Cycles is leaving OR tomorrow and should be ready for me to pick up in just under two weeks. It's been a long wait, so what's another two weeks.

I'm really glad that FreepZ got his bike and was able to actually RIDE it all the way home. Would suck if the first bike went to an out-o-towner that just loaded it up in his truck and left.  :o Still, it would have been nice to be meet up with the first Empulse owners in FL. Maybe we can do a track day at Jennings GP. :)