Author Topic: Empulse on the dragstrip..  (Read 925 times)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Empulse on the dragstrip..
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
I figure some records are ready to be made and broken.

The Empulse should be classed by NEDRA as PMC/F (production motorcycle, 97-120V).

Relevant current records:

1/4 mile
DMC/F (drag m/c), 9.835 @ 139 mph
MPC/F (modified production m/c), 14.291 @ 90.58 mph

1/8 mile
DMC/F (drag m/c), 6.91 @ 100.7 mph
PMC/H (production m/c, 72V), 11.73 @ 56.26 mph

Empulse IET should make it very competitive at the dragstrip given the voltage-based class restrictions.

I would estimate the Empulse should be around 12-13s quarter mile. Shinysideup could bring his modified Empulse and see if that would let him take both the production and modified record ; )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Empulse on the dragstrip..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
4 second 0-60 and 12 second 1/4 mile times would put them right in with Lightweight sport bikes and middle weigh street fighters, or bikes with 20 more horsepower (or my almost 30 year old middle weight sport bike).  But this all guesses.  Can't wait until the moto rags start giving us numbers and long term tests.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:57:31 AM »
Shinysideup could bring his modified Empulse and see if that would let him take both the production and modified record ; )

Shiny ain't gonna be doin' no drag racin'!

However, since I just passed 600 miles last week and got to switch on SPORT mode, wowza! I've been smokin' all traffic at green lights, including a couple of ICE bikes. It's so much fun to blast away making very little noise. A real head scratcher for the adjacent motorists. Love it!

Of course, I have no numbers, but my Seat-O-Pants (tm) accelerometer is very happy. I'm coming off a TMax 500cc scooter with a Malossi variator upgrade which has 0-60 times probably around 6 seconds. My previous R1200R (RIP) goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. The Empulse feels somewhere in the middle in terms of absolute speed. But with that sweet torque curve, the FEEL is faster than the R1200R because I don't have to wait for revs to get acceleration for my Butt Dyno (tm) to register. All I know: I grin like on no other bike I've ridden. And every day = bigger grin. Your math may vary.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:01:19 AM by Shinysideup »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »
nice write up :)

yeah, everybody is different...but I have a hard time going gas after going electric...it just feels...different...

smoother, funner...and it seems faster (even when it isn't).

I doubt I will buy another gas bike...unless somebody sells me this:

which is just too lovely to pass up :)

Gavin