Author Topic: Finally...first here in Texas I think?  (Read 1658 times)

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Finally...first here in Texas I think?
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:22 AM »
I finally got the Empulse. 

Kinda.  I had to go to Austin to finish the paper work.  Took it for a test spin and couldn't stop grinning.  Unfortunately, no trailer to bring it back from Austin to Dallas so they will be delivering it Monday.

I am already itching to do the tail tidy mod and get some frame sliders.

NICE BIKE!!!

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Finally...first here in Texas I think?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:29:51 AM »
Congrats! It's a beauty! What number were you on the pre-order list? I'm still waiting patiently but I'm sure it won't be long now. I also ordered a black one and it looks great!
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
#66!  I just looked again on my order.  I hope you get yours soon.  Fun ride!

At Lone Star BMW/Triumph they have one to demo.  After I took my bike for a spin to make sure everything was ok.  One of the sales guys and my friend took out a Triump Speed Triple and Brammo.  My friend on the Triumph kept getting dusted by the sales guy on the Brammo!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:26:22 AM by 7racer »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »
That a carbon fiber "tank" cover? Looks like it in the picture. BTW, congrats 7racer!

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:48 AM »
That a carbon fiber "tank" cover? Looks like it in the picture. BTW, congrats 7racer!

thank you!  and yes it is.  Looks great!  I unfortunately still don't "have" the bike yet.  The dealership is in Austin and I am in Dallas.  They are shipping it up Monday for me.

If you want any specific pictures let me know.  I was actually happy to see they wrapped the bright orange power lines on the right hand side of the bike so it's less noticeable. 

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
Congratulations! It's great news to see deliveries off of the West coast.

I *think* the bikes for Tampa have begun their journey as well. Hmmm... I wonder if they were on the same truck? Florida is just a straight shot down I10. Even if they're on their own truck, I think there's a good chance that they'll be in FL this week. OMG!

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 10:46:06 AM »
#66!  I just looked again on my order.  I hope you get yours soon.  Fun ride!

#66? Thas imho quite a low number for about 2-3 months in production, I'ld have estimated theyre pushing out bikes at least at twice this speed.
@ Brian: Do we have to speculate a lot more or are you willing to give us some numbers the quick way?  ;)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 11:04:24 AM »
Bikes aren't going out in strict preorder number. They're shipping them out to dealers in batches .. guessing TX just got a shipment.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »
Bikes aren't going out in strict preorder number. They're shipping them out to dealers in batches .. guessing TX just got a shipment.

Correct. The pre-order number is not enough to determine production volumes.  Pre-order customer informtation is delivered to the dealers, who confirm, take deposits, and arrange final delivery.  The shipping schedule is set by our Sales teams, dealer needs, and logistical considerations.  In some cases, pre-order customers are not able to take delivery immediately, so the delivery order gets modified.  Within all of this complexity, there is a very likely probablility that a pre-order number is not what determines the production or delivery schedule. We are building bikes at the rate that our supply chain allows us to do so, as is always the way with new production.  We will not sacrifice quality for expediancy.  Hope that answers your question. 

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »
While not leaving me entirely questionless (could that ever occure?) it answered everything one might want to ask without being improprietous inquisitive, so my thanks for that.
My reason for asking is/was quite some uncertainty about the upper and lower bounds in scalability of your production plant, Im still rather anxious if your own production plant was a wise move or not. But I wont go as far as threatening with unreasonable speculation this time :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
Congrats on the bike, she is quite lovely (hmmm, should I rethink my beloved White Noise?)...

Have fun, ride safe...

Still think I will go white...I love the look and it seems to be the color choice of us OLD GUYS... :)

Gavin

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »
Congrats on the bike, she is quite lovely (hmmm, should I rethink my beloved White Noise?)...

I know, right? I figure if the white doesn't look as good in person, then I call always try to source some TTX vinyl.

Still think I will go white...I love the look and it seems to be the color choice of us OLD GUYS... :)

Well that explains why I picked white then. Red looks hot, but that's a little too conspicuous for me.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 05:36:51 PM »
About my number, I think Brammo had a hard time securing a dealer.  I would have been nice to have a dealer here in Dallas.  Not sure but I know that it is a PITA to get things established here in Texas.  Even with Tesla's direct model there have been hoops that I have had to jump thru.

The salesperson at the dealership said this is the first black he has seen.  The black is nice.  I thought it was a gloss black but it has some metal flakes in it.

About the vinyl, I think I am going to wrap this bike like I did my GT-R.  I'll let the vinyl wrapper decide.

One final thing, I don't know if Brammobrian can relay the info, but the dealership stated that when the bikes have been coming that the back tires isn't secure in the crate and they had some delivered that seemed to have moved A LOT" during shipment.

aledbetter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »
nice bike :-)

I think all of the colors have the metallic (or so I seem to remember from the test ride bikes).

2013 Brammo Empulse R - fun
2012 Ducati Panagale S - fast
2010 KTM 530 EXC - dirty

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »
Great! Black is what I got coming,, maybe I'll have some pinstriping
On the tank,,  maybe do a helmet / tank matching kind of scheme,,,
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:34:13 PM by CAT in HAWAII »
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-