Author Topic: [SOLD]2009 Brammo Enertia for sale - 6203.1 miles  (Read 1408 times)

ppc750

• View Profile
[SOLD]2009 Brammo Enertia for sale - 6203.1 miles
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »
Hello all,

I am selling my 2009 Brammo Enertia with 6203.1 miles. Clean title in hand/never been in an accident or laid down at any speed. Tags are paid until next year Jan 2014

Price: $2900

I no longer work in a corporate office setting and can no longer use this as a means to get to work. This motorcycle was only used to get to and from work (which was only a 12 mile round trip. I kept all maintenance logs as well as all charge logs on a spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgzpETjNnvWAdFV1eGM5WlM5MjFuNUd5bGF4blZnWGc&usp=sharing

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:28:54 PM by ppc750 »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Hi ppc750,

Your riding usage logs inspired me to create my own. Very meticulous, thank you.

Quick note on the CL ad, $0.14/kWh * 1 kWh/7 miles = $0.02/mile. I don't think it'll last long at that price.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on 3 years of ownership in more detail.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ppc750

• View Profile
Hi ppc750,

Your riding usage logs inspired me to create my own. Very meticulous, thank you.

Quick note on the CL ad, $0.14/kWh * 1 kWh/7 miles = $0.02/mile. I don't think it'll last long at that price.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on 3 years of ownership in more detail.

Ahh nice catch. Thanks. It's been too long, although I did think it was odd that it didn't add up to about a quarter for the usual 12 mile commute I did for those years.

As for the 3 years I've had the Enertia I'm sad to see it go. It was a very economical way for me to get around and extremely convenient too since I never had to get gas for the trips to and from work. Had I still been working there I'd probably have ridden the Enertia until it broke down beyond repair somehow. It has everything I needed in a great commuter bike. My work also gave me carpool credit for riding an electric vehicle everyday I rode it (from the AQMD carpooling mandate designed to reduce polution) and over the years it added up to quite a tidy sum. It made economical sense and was at the same time a fun thing to do before and after work.

If I had the choice I would always commute in an electric motorcycle to and from work given the distance was within range of the motorcycle. Unfortunately I always prefer a ICE motorcycle for adventure riding and weekend getaways. I never have a set agenda when I go out riding outside of commuting and it's why I also had a ICE motorcycle to complement this one.

Another thing I've observed over the years is that the range of the vehicle has not diminished (as far as I can tell anyway) as I would have thought it would have when I first bought it. Having gone through many a lithium ion cell phone battery I had low expectations for the bike when I first got it as far as longevity was concerned.

It's a great motorcycle and a means to get to and from work. It's not a good bike to have for pleasure however, since you are limited range wise and can't simply refuel whenever you want to. If you can get beyond that, it's a perfect bike.