Author Topic: Error messages  (Read 580 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Error messages
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
I've had a few error messages since I've been using my Empulse. I've generally been ignoring them, and the bike seems to be working fine. The first time I had an error was when I first sat on the bike and got ready to take it home. I noticed a flashing symbol on the left side of the dash, but since I hadn't ready the manual before taking the bike, I didn't realize that the bike was trying to report an error! Oops. :o

I'm going to try to keep better track of the error messages in the future, but as long as the bike works, I'm not going to be too worried.

I saw a pretty funny message today. For some reason, the bike was telling me that the battery was cold, so regen was turned off. It never gets that cold in Florida. Hitting the kill switch and then the power button to turn the bike on again didn't make the message go away. Riding the bike to "warm up the batteries" wasn't helpful. I ended up doing the usual fix: Turn the key to "off". Turn the key to "on". Problem solved!
Richard #935 #595 #44

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Error messages
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
Flashing symbol on the dash was probably the kickstand down indicator.  Yes - there are some error codes that display in the first release of software that will be taken care of with the forthcoming second release.  In the best interest of displaying all information to the customer, we need a little more time to fine tune the settings of the "filters" that keep from displaying messages that aren't important to the rider.