Author Topic: Brammo CEO on "THOSE DINER AND MOTORCYCLE GUYS" Podcast tomorrow  (Read 998 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo CEO on "THOSE DINER AND MOTORCYCLE GUYS" Podcast tomorrow
« on: February 15, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
Just got the email announcing this:

Listen to the Saturday, February 16th show "live" at 8am EST or by podcast with special guest Craig Bramscher, CEO and Chairman of Brammo Inc. Craig has taken one part response to high gas prices, one part sustainability and one part innovative industrial design and blended them all into the hottest motorcycles to hit the asphalt, the race track and the showroom in a hundred years. Those eggs over easy riders Garrison and Ralph talk with Craig about the story behind Brammo's evolution into the motorcycle arena and its leadership in electric motorcycle design and efficiency.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo CEO on "THOSE DINER AND MOTORCYCLE GUYS" Podcast tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:38:47 PM »
I actually woke up early, thinking this was going to be a call in show (they had a phone number listed). Nope. The interview with Craig was prerecorded.

He did a great job, of course. Worth a listen.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:29:25 PM »
Was it?  I listened to it, at least the first part with Craig.  He did an admirable job, not really anything new in there, but Craig is a "Rock star."  The podcasters have a very different view of motorcycling than I do, but very different experiences (and age group) too.  Most definitely not a podcast I'll be adding to my list, but others may very well enjoy it. 

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
Craig mentioned that the Empulse and Empulse R are getting new motors in the interview. My dealer confirmed to me that the standard is getting an SMRE motor, which is what prompted me to switch to the R and get the Parker. I also got to talk to Ron, the sales manager at Brammo, about it a bit, too, so no doubt that there will be two different motors going in the Empulses.

We'll have to see what the performance difference is. Will the SMRE be better due to longer development time? Or will the SMRE motor be used only to meet the licensing terms that Brammo negotiated to get exclusive rights to the transmission, and then dropped?
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »
From what Brain has said on here both motors have the same peak power, but the Parker is 60ft-lb of torque, where the SMRE motor is closer to 40ft-lbs.  [dumb statement removed]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:33:56 PM by ttxgpfan »