Author Topic: Where to buy the Hard Case (Side bag)  (Read 2063 times)

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Where to buy the Hard Case (Side bag)
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:55:45 AM »
I am looking to buy the Hard Case (side bag) but nobody is selling it..

2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy the Hard Case (Side bag)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:20 AM »
Me too... I really really really need this and bought the Empulse based, in part, of the news that it would have cases available.

Anybody (hint, Brian), have any idea of an ETA for cases?

Or should I invest in a huge backpack? :'(

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:39:57 AM »
If any manufacturer is likely to make hard cases for a low-production machine like the Enertia, I would think that Givi would be the company.  The tough part is finding the mounting brackets for your machine.  If you can figure out how to mount them, Givi would be the way to go.

I believe Givi makes Zero's hard cases (as used on their police model) and they also make the bag mount brackets. Photos attached.

In the meantime, there are lots of universal-fit soft and semi-soft throw-over saddlebags available on the market. Most are waterproof or have waterproof covers included. Some of these bags are even designed to be zipped open to double in size.  While not as secure as hard cases, they can be easily picked up off the seat and taken with you if you think theft is a concern.  Otherwise, you can usually tie soft bags to the frame and other chassis parts securely enough to discourage a random grab.  I have been using soft saddle bags for years and have never had anyone mess with them in the 'burbs. Parking your bike in some areas of San Francisco (as an example) might require a higher level of security, though.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »
Me too... I really really really need this and bought the Empulse based, in part, of the news that it would have cases available.

Anybody (hint, Brian), have any idea of an ETA for cases?

Or should I invest in a huge backpack? :'(

One of the growing pains of establishing a new dealer network is bringing them online with accessories as well.  The frames and side bags for the Enertia are available through Brammo now.  So you should contact Adrian Stewart (astewart@brammo.com) to order these. 

The side bags for the Empulse will be sold through dealers, so please let your dealer know of your interest, if he doesn't already.  The bags themselves are easy enough to come by, it is the steel frames to mount them that are a long lead time as they come directly from GIVI in Italy and there are minimum order quantities.  I can't comment on an exact time frame, but I would recommend either a backpack or a removable universal tailbag to tide you over.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:49 AM »
Thanks Brian. I copied your quote to my dealer, so we'll see. Do the minimum orders for the frames accrue at the dealer level or at the Brammo level?

Meanwhile I found a good temp solution for grocery shopping: my Ortlieb roll-top bicycle side carrier has a shoulder strap. The case is fairly rigid, so filling it up walking around the store is easy with it hanging at my side. Coming home, I sling it over my shoulder and run it to my back, where the weight sits on the pillion and is fairly steady at speed.

http://www.bikebagshop.com/ortlieb-office-bag-large-plus-p-1280.html