Author Topic: Almost One in Chicago  (Read 3209 times)

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Almost One in Chicago
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
Glad you're out enjoying the bike, even in the cold weather.  Regarding the battery cutback message - this will be aided by a software update that removes the message when there's no actual cutback occurring AND sets a higher target temperature for the internal heaters.  The release just got issued to production, so service should get their hands on it next week.  I'll get with Adam and put together a list of bug fixes and improvements that this release will address and post it to the forum.

This isn't a bug to be fixed, but I'd love to see a new mode for the status line that lists all of the values together without a label so we can check more than one parameter at a time once we familiarize ourselves with the ordering.  Is there enough room to list:

RNG/MTMP/ATMP/WATT

Something like:

120m/100F/65F/0KW

Or even eliminating the units to take up less space:

096/95/62/0.0
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
The manual says if you hold down the black button for 2 seconds that it will cycle through the parameters, but I haven't been able to figure that out. I second Flar's suggestion of showing all parameters at once.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:10 AM »
+2, works for me: 120m/100F/65F/0KW

or just cycling through, with bigger numbers.

Holding down the black button for 2 seconds = precisely nada.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Almost One in Chicago
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »
I'm out exploring today. Looking for charging points. The first stop was at Two Brothers brewery, but there was a Tesla S already plugged in so I continued on. I made it to the Geneva courthouse after 32 cold miles with 43% left. It's in the heart of their downtown, and a great place to kill time. I doubt you'd be able to park there while court is in session, but it's great for weekends. I'm charging now while sitting in the All Chocolate Kitchen, and, yes, the name does the place justice. I plan on going for a bicycle ride when I get home to burn off the hot chocolate I hade. My next stop will be at the Glen Ellen charging point on my loop back.

I should be right at 300 miles when I get home, and none of that was over 40f. I bought heated gear, but the gloves have already been sent back since the left one stopped working :( hopefully the replacement pair arrives next week.

'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »
If you did not know, The Centre in Elgin has a charger in the parking garage.