Author Topic: OMG, Thank You for Sport Mode!  (Read 1604 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
OMG, Thank You for Sport Mode!
« on: March 10, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
In Eco mode, the Empulse handles like a proper sportbike, but it just doesn't feel like a sportbike especially when restricted to 5000 rpms or less. I was a little worried that a bit of buyers remorse might kick in. Sure I knew exactly what I bought, but I also had a lot emotion invested in this bike.

Thankfully, Sport mode flat delivers! I finally have the punch that I need to get around traffic in the way that I feel safest. I can keep an easy +5 mph pace above traffic. When traffic starts to ensnare me I can punch through any hole. And the rear end squats nicely on corner exits now.

Thank you, Brammo, for Sport mode. By delivering both modes, you've managed to deliver two completely different bikes in one. And thanks for having the setting saved over power cycles. Hopefully with so throttle management, I'll be able to commute in Sport mode without affecting my range too much. I might switch back on occasion, but only if I'm in stop and go traffic. Actually, I don't know what the proper name for Eco mode is. Maybe it's Comfort mode?

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG, Thank You for Sport Mode!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
Awesome to hear!!! Argh I have another 350 miles to go :(

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: OMG, Thank You for Sport Mode!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »
Thank you, Brammo, for Sport mode. By delivering both modes, you've managed to deliver two completely different bikes in one. And thanks for having the setting saved over power cycles. Hopefully with so throttle management, I'll be able to commute in Sport mode without affecting my range too much. I might switch back on occasion, but only if I'm in stop and go traffic. Actually, I don't know what the proper name for Eco mode is. Maybe it's Comfort mode?

Your welcome!  Glad you're getting a kick (pun intended) out of it!  Normal mode can also be used as an effective "rain mode" by reducing rear wheel torque to about 75% for that extra bit of confidence on slick roads. 

The regen map in Sport mode is compliments of Eric Bostrom - I'll let him know you say Thanks! ;)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
It took me a while...remember a) I have 8000 miles of Enertia muscle memory riding and b) I have never ridden a sport bike and c) I have done lots of handlebar shifting with Vespas, but never have done motorcycle foot shifting before...

So, saying all that, it is quite a testament to Brammo that I could just hop on the Empulse and ride well and safely and have fun from day one.

But it was just yesterday that sports mode and shifting really clicked. And dang that was a blast. I still have learning to do. (The regen in sport is still a bit string, but im dialing it it) The ride will still get smoother and I will attune my riding to the bike more and more...

But yesterday was a lightbulb moment in my head...or in my muscles...and the ride suddenly was that much more fun.

And the Empulse really does have great balance and grip in the turns. I'm an old, overly cautious rider and I'm still thinking, "hmmmm, I might have to get me some knee pads for when I decide to drag a knee..."

Not there yet....but...

And...on a separate note...everywhere you go you are a movie star on this bike...so much attention, so many comments.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
Time for a track day at NAPA Speedway yet?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:17:03 PM »
Doo it, doo it. doo it . . .  8)