Author Topic: EV Clubs/Associations/Groups  (Read 1670 times)

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
EV Clubs/Associations/Groups
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »
So, I was wondering..... who here has joined their local EV club/association/group?

Here in Oregon we have a local EAA chapter called Oregon Electric Vehicle Association (OEVA), of which I'm a member. We have quite a few members already, but we're looking to grow.

I know that things have definitely changed over the last few years. Before, it was almost all DIY, with a couple Factory RAV4 EV's, S10 pickup's, but not much else. With the release of vehicles like the PHEV Prius, Leaf, Volt, Tesla Model S.... we've gotten a larger number of members that own Factory EV's. There are still quite a few DIY projects in the group. Some members own several EV's, some have sold their DIY and bought a Factory EV.

It's great to be involved with a group like this. We have a pretty packed summer with events, shows and drive-ins where we get to show things off.

So who here has joined an EV group in their town/city?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EV Clubs/Associations/Groups
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
I've appeared at a few events of the Mid-America Electric Auto Association, and have posted on their forum, but I'm not a "member."  Lately, I've been out of town for most of the events, so I haven't seen these guys in a while.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: EV Clubs/Associations/Groups
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »
You should join and pay dues, it helps with literature, stickers, mags, etc.