Author Topic: Clip-Ons anyone?  (Read 2674 times)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Clip-Ons anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:30 AM »
After riding it for a bit, I don't think I will. Initially, the cockpit felt a little cramped and so I thought I might want clip-ons to get a better body position when cornering. After some spirited riding today, I don't think it's necessary. I really don't like riding clip-ons on the street anyhow, mostly due to visibility issues. With standard bars, I sit higher and my helmet's not tucked between my arms. It's so much easier to swivel my head from that position and I feel like shoulders are blocking my peripheral vision.

I agree that the stock handlebars are just right for aggressive street riding.  It's a pretty low rise, wide bar that puts the rider in control of the front end.  Clip-ons are really only required IMHO for:

1. Track riding/racing
2. Cool factor - they look racy

They definitely make low speed manuevering more of a pain.  But... since we're on the subject, here is another cool option (not cheap though):

http://store.speedymoto.com/adjustable-53mm-clip-ons-p217.aspx

If nobody's done it by the time I get my bike, I'll try those... because cool factor is enough for me.  8)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
Ha, the TTX seat is almost a bench seat there. Raising the rider for more tuck...and allows more forward and backward seating for the rider...in a tuck position, with helmet slightly lower than shoulders and shoulders slightly lower than rump, I imagine the aero is similar to a car with a rear spoiler...though the spoiler would be the drivers backside...

Yeah, the seat height on the TTX was raised by about 2" over stock with some foam.  I thought it would be awful for short guys like me, but it's actually still pretty good because the bike is so narrow.  I don't think I would do this to my bike, but it would be a benefit to someone with long legs or long arms to get some more room in the cockpit as it effectively lengthens the seating area.

Hmmm, I am not overly tall...but at 6 foot even I could see adding 2 inches and still be fine...and I do like me some extra room...i LOVE a bench seat...gives me options of sitting close, sitting way back...

I might have to try this...and the tail tidy...and the handlebar mirrors...and.....

:)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
holy moley, those adjustable clip ons are cool...

I'll likely stay with the standard as I am not nearly cool enough for these, but dang....

Gavin

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Clip-Ons anyone?
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 03:20:45 PM »
I might have to try this.  Was even looking at getting ones with risers to bring it up a bit.  I'm 5'6 on a good day so having the bars that low might be too much of a reach. 

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »
I think I found the clips ons I try. 

I like the adjustability including height, but like the GP model for simplicity

http://www.apexmfg.com/products/category/view/11