Author Topic: Finally Got Mine! Woo-hoo!  (Read 2309 times)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Finally Got Mine! Woo-hoo!
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »
Yup... it all happened very fast.  I had the BMW S1kRR up for sale - nothing for weeks, then boom! - I start getting emails.  Long story short, I tell this guy that I'm showing the bike after work to a local and he says he'll drive 3 hours to beat him to it and bring cash.  He did and he did.  So...

I was surprised how little remorse I felt about selling it.  It's a phenomonal machine, one that I respect ALOT, but is impossible to fall in love with.  I had major heartbreak selling my Ducati Monster though...

In the meantime, I had put a bug in our sales director's ear that I'd be interested in accelerating my position in the queue if at all possible, and they graciously found a slot for me this week (sorry to anyone still waiting on his/her bike - you would've done the same, though).  Little did I know that it would be the first bike off the line this week!  Good thing I sold the Bimmer or else I would've had to look at it sitting in the factory while I came up with the money.  Weather turned good this evening, so I've taken her on the maiden commute home!

Here I am with the new steed...

Very rewarding to have one to call my own and enjoy after all the hard work and development by our team.  I look forward to participating in future forum discussions as a company insider AND (repeat) customer of Brammo.

And for those wondering - Yes, I still have my Enertia legacy (US built) bike and plan on keeping it.  My wife is going to get her endorsement this summer and I look forward to some nice rides together - her on the Enertia and me on the Empulse (or will it be the other way around?!!!). ;)

I'll be posting with mods.  The mirrors are already off and my CRG lanesplitter is on (left-side only).   

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Finally Got Mine! Woo-hoo!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »
Awesome!!!  I look forward to the inevitable tales of adventure.  Congrats!

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 10:27:25 PM »
Congrats!!!  you totally deserve it!

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
Wow, your tweet about selling the gasser, but I didn't know you were getting your Empulse R. Congratulations! Here's to hoping you keep your sanity during the break-in period. It's definitely a trial keeping it out of Sport mode. :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:40:07 PM »
Congrats...nice to live right in town and ride your bike home the same day :).

I'll be posting with mods.  The mirrors are already off and my CRG lanesplitter is on (left-side only).   

That was exactly what my first mod was going to be...but then I realized I'm not cool enough and bought the right sided mirror too...you, of course, ARE cool enough.

I look forward to see your bike as it morphs into your dream machine...and your Empressions :)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
And when you take your kid riding...

Remember:

NO

NO

A thousand times NO!!!

Yes

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
That was exactly what my first mod was going to be...but then I realized I'm not cool enough and bought the right sided mirror too...you, of course, ARE cool enough.
I look forward to see your bike as it morphs into your dream machine...and your Empressions :)
Gavin

You should've only ordered the left-side mirror in anticipation of the additional coolness that just owning an Empulse will bring you.  While you may be slightly defficient today, you will have crested the threshold once you take possession of the bike.   8)

Empressions... nice one! I like it.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »
Great news, Brian.  Can't wait to see all the mods, etc.

I remember when you'd post pics of your Enertia and leave it up to us to guess what had changed. Maybe you'll test our powers of observation again.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »
I think one of the motivators for mods is for us to get the feeling that the bike is truly ours.

How fantastic for you to be riding a bike that you actually designed in its entirety (with a team, of course)!

Emjoy it!

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »
Congrats! Any performance mods rolling around in your head? What will you do first?
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 01:14:29 AM »
Congrats! Any performance mods rolling around in your head? What will you do first?

Yeah, like a three way switch norm/sport/TTX.  ::)  I predict the second he gets past the break-in mileage on he's downloading the maps EBoz developed.  Not sure how long he'll be able to hold out on the Ohlin's suspension package either.  The rational I would come up with is that by adding an extra set to the order Brammo would get better pricing.  Whether that is true or not is a whole other matter.  ;D

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »
Yeah, like a three way switch norm/sport/TTX.  ::)  I predict the second he gets past the break-in mileage on he's downloading the maps EBoz developed.  Not sure how long he'll be able to hold out on the Ohlin's suspension package either.  The rational I would come up with is that by adding an extra set to the order Brammo would get better pricing.  Whether that is true or not is a whole other matter.  ;D

Wow... am I THAT predictable?!... Yep, I guess so. ;)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »
Had a great maiden voyage up Greensprings to the Greensprings Inn on Friday.  Fresh snow at altitude made for some interesting and very cold riding.  I was chased up the hill by an Empulse standard with Greg Stoermer (Lead Designer) at the controls and Joe Keto on our Triumph Street Triple R.  Nice ride, but looking forward to slightly warmer temperatures and less gravel on the road! 

Here's a shot Joe took from the Triumph before we headed back down.

I'm still impressed at just how well this bike handles.  Greensprings Highway has lots of elevation change, rolling hills, and lots of bumps that could send any bike into a dangerous oscillation.  The Empulse just soaks it up and keeps charging up the hill with authority.  The power delivery in normal mode is also confidence inspiring in bad or mixed riding conditions like what we had... i.e. dry at the bottom transitioning to wet, gravely, and snow at the top.   

Having a couple of free Level 2 charging stations at the top (not to mention the Valley's best salmon burger) makes it a very enjoyable ride with the Empulse.  I actually think it's MORE enjoyable with the Empulse than with my now-sold fire-breather. 

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »

Wow... am I THAT predictable?!... Yep, I guess so. ;)

Or . . . great minds think a like. :D

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
Ok... first round of "spot the mods"... Go!  :)