Author Topic: A few Empulse R observations.  (Read 995 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
A few Empulse R observations.
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »
1) I am going to get a ticket with this bike. I have never gotten a ticket on any of my scooters or on the Enertia or Enertia Plus. I fear I will have a ticket in the first week or two on this beast.

2) Sports mode and regen...Holy Moley...I don't think I will ever need to replace the brake pads...I can be going 40 in second gear and let off the throttle and this bike brakes harder than most cars...all without touching either brake...takes a bit of skill to get it just right.

3) Balance. She Loves to turn. It's like going from 220 downhill skis to 150 parabolic skis.

4) Ride. She is a rougher ride over bumps...at speed she is smooth, but city speeds and city roads are a bit bouncy. I will have to play a bit with the shocks.

5) Seat/Size. I will definetly look into the TTX seat mod. As for size...she is surprisingly small...it helps the tight turning and balance of the twisties, but she is not the beast, sizewise, I envisioned.

6) Fun: see number one. She rockets from the lights and a few times I had to remember to grip harded lest I unvoluntarily exit the bike...

Gavin

parked last night for the 10:20pm showing of Jurassic Park 3D in XD...the whole family went (miss the granddaughter)...it was nice...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:11:52 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: A few Empulse R observations.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »
Free Juice :)

Charging at 24 amps

G

Ps. Thanks Brammo for the ChargePoint card

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:39:13 PM by Gavin »

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:13:54 PM »
LOL!  Great read Gavin, and cool pic.  The force is strong in this one.  I can feel it. ;)

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
You already have 600mi on the bike? Thought that was the recommended distance for sport mode.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »
I'll add one...

7) upshifting with out the clutch is soooo smooth and nice on this bike!  Love it!

Dr Robert Harms

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »
15) Seat/Size. I will definetly look into the TTX seat mod.

############  Can I get a link to this. The bike is nearly unusable for me with the original seat