Author Topic: Givi side cases now available  (Read 2431 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Berni_JUHU

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Givi side cases now available
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:39:47 AM »
Does anyone know the price of the givi cases and how much ist the caseholder ?
best regards
Berni

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »
Go to the link  Berni, the price is listed.... says $536.95.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »
I should have mine installed soon.  They came with no instructions and no parts list, and definitely at least one critical part was missing (which Brammo promptly sent along to my dealer).  But I haven't gotten back to it to install them yet.

On a more positive note, the windscreen is installed and works great!  Highly recommended!

Berni_JUHU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »
Hello Adan,

did you recieve the missing part yet ?, i also ordered the givi cases and they were delivered without instruction !!
some parts were missing and without instruction it was a litte bit tricky to find out the way to install the cases.
so now im waiting for the parts too  8)
best regards
Berni

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »
This is turning into a bit of a saga.  As I said, no instructions and no parts list, just a bag of hardware, some of which is clearly irrelevant.  Brammo promptly sent the first missing part, which enabled me to discover which other parts I need, and now I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for those to show up.  Dealer (Scuderia) says Brammo has not returned phone calls.

In the meant time, the rack for the bags is on the bike, and works well to support my Viking throwover panniers, so I'm able to carry stuff quite well for now.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:37:07 PM »
Wow. That's disappointing to hear.  I'm also surprised to hear that Scuderia is blaming Brammo for not being responsive, as I am aware of our Service Manager and Director of Marketing speaking with them quite recently and often.  I'll ask around tomorrow and determine why the hold up and how parts could be missing in the first place.  The bag kit is pretty darn simple... I can only imagine that it would be either the bobbins or the latch piece that could be missing. 

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
Thanks, Brian.  Of course, I don't know the truth of it.  Maybe the parts person at Scuderia is the one lagging and didn't want to take responsibility.  I know that Scuderia and Brammo generally have a great relationship, that is plainly evident.

What I know for sure is that what came with the Givi panniers was some mounting hardware that I didn't need, not enough pieces that I did need, and no parts list to tell me which was which.  It seems like the pieces I'm missing are the ones that support the panniers at the bottom -- it appears that there should be 4 mounting pieces that screw onto the rack and that fit into two grooves at the bottom of each pannier.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »
OK, got the cases on.  Seems it was an honest miscommunication between Brammo and Scuderia, who thought they'd already sent what Scuderia was asking for.  Install is very easy once you have the parts.

The cases are nice, I think they'll be extremely useful for commuting duties.  I'm buying groceries and stuff almost daily for the family, bringing them home on the Enertia.  I had the soft bags on my Enertia Classic, but they were too small for a typical grocery store haul.  These Givi bags should be much better in that respect.

Some minor criticisms: they are "secure," in a sense, yes, but with the right allen wrench someone could be walking away with them quite easily.  Is that likely to happen?  Not in my daily travels, no, so not really a worry.

You need to use the key to latch or unlatch the lids.  Many hardbags are designed this way.  It's a bit of a nuisance when you're making lots of stops, but I can certainly live with it.  You can also just leave the lids unlatched for some trips.  I haven't tried this yet, but it seems like it shouldn't be too risky as far as stuff popping out.

The bags rattle against the frame a little bit.  On a gas bike, the rattling noise would probably blend in with engine noise, but on the Enertia it's quite noticeable.  Not a big deal, but I'll probably try duct taping the frame at strategic points to quell the rattle.

With the excellent windshield and the hard bags, the Enertia Plus is a great commuter.  Very pleased with it!

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:48:05 PM »
OK, got the cases on.   Install is very easy once you have the parts.
The cases are nice, I think they'll be extremely useful for commuting duties.

Can you make some photos and put them here ?
CBke

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »
Thanks for the update, Adan.

I've had good luck squelching rattles by wrapping a tube with a strip of an old bicycle inner tube rubber before securing with tape or a tie-wrap.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Excellent suggestion.  Yeah, the rattle should be easily solvable. 

Just as a test, rode in this morning with the lids unlatched, 18 mile commute, 8-9 freeway miles.  They stayed closed just fine.  Might not matter to some people, but I'm often making 2 or 3 stops on the way home and having to lock and unlock the lids each time would get old.

As for pics, I've had trouble posting in the past.  If you go to the Brammo website and click on Enertia Plus, "gallery," you'll see a red 'un with windscreen and Givi bags.  That's what it looks like!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »
Just upload them to imgur.com or similar, then post them inline here.

Code: [Select]
Just drop the image URL between [img] tags like so:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jvjgJp7.jpg[/img]

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/