Author Topic: Firmware update notice  (Read 1608 times)

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Firmware update notice
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
Virtually,  I have the same issue. I can't drive the bike 200+ miles in a day to get the service.  I don't have a hitch to bring the bike down to the dealer.  I could get a bike towing service like I did to get the bike from Austin to Dallas but that
Would probably cost a good amount of $$.

I don't mind giving the dealer some money for service but if this becomes frequent it no longer is cost effective.

Unfortunately the dealer flatly stated they could not come out to Dallas to do the update. 

=[

Like I mentioned before.  I really like the Tesla service model much better.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Firmware update notice
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
If anyone has any suggestion let me know. Also, if you guys get a way to get the update without the long drive to the dealer please update the thread.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Firmware update notice
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
I know a former aviation electrician that might be willing to travel the country doing updates.  They should hire him. ::)

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware update notice
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »
The dealer north of Milwaukee came down to the Chicago 'burbs and did Travelin's and my bike today in my garage. It was kinda fun watching them do the work. The changed out my VCU, and did the rest of the update. Travelin's was just the firmware upgrade. What was cool is he logged into my Wi-Fi, and then called Brammo to have them remote in to check the work to make sure everything was done correctly. Quite impressive.

A few notes: my fuses were already the "updated" values, but Travelin's were the higher capacities. So sometime right before my bike they switched over.

They re-tapped the connector under the cowl, and also tapped a long many-pin connector right above the radiator. I am thinking that the long many-pin connector was causing my problem, and not the VCU. Instead of Gaffer tape they used "amalgamating" tape. I'll be out cruising tomorrow to see if I notice any difference.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL