Author Topic: Givi Luggage for Empulse  (Read 5398 times)

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Givi Luggage for Empulse
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
Spotted on Facebook, an Empulse R with Givi Luggage (and a blue rear shock spring???)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Givi Luggage for Empulse
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
and red grips...

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
Anyone have an update as to when the Givi Empulse luggage will be available?  I hate backbacks!
Also, can you have side bags and a top case?

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
IIRC, the original Empulse publicity said it would be available with both side cases and a top case. Depending on the design of course, certainly both are possible. Those promises factored big in my purchase decision.

In January, I was told that the side cases would be ready in 3 months.

Last week, my dealer, Scuderia West, called Brammo and was told that the cases are ready, but their mounting system on the bike is still being worked on, with no ETA, other than "soon."

I say, send me some steel tubing, the cases, some basic tools, and I can design a mount within a week, but then, I'm not an engineer! ;)

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
I say, send me some steel tubing, the cases, some basic tools, and I can design a mount within a week, but then, I'm not an engineer! ;)

Steel tubing??  I thought you would use zip-ties.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »
Steel tubing??  I thought you would use zip-ties.
Nah... I'm mostly a duct tape kinda guy. Though I once brazed up a dandy garden cart out of electrical conduit that ran on dirt bicycle wheels, so I think I qualify for side case guru. Not.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »
No Carbon on that R?
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »
It appears that a passenger's legs would have a difficult time clearing the cases to find the pegs.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:50 AM »
Video says that the bike is being built for LE. If I was a police officer I'd want the ABS parts too. I think the carbon fiber bits don't represent meaningful weight loss vs ABS, so they'd just represent additional cost for replacement.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

shocker

• Ride Softly and Carry a Big Wattage
  • Enciter
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »
More sighting from Facebook...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »
Saw that. I've left a couple comments asking when they might be available in the US.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »
From the Brammo webpage...
Optional Brammo hard saddle bags and top trunk.

The bag option for the Empulse has been there since last year.  Brammo needs to either remove the bags from the web page or deliver this product now.  Maybe the standard operating procedure is to post something then wait two years for it to be available.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
The side cases are off-the-shelf Givi's AFAIK. The availability issue has been the support frame.

Brammo has frame prototypes for testing and they are getting close to getting the OK to put them into production, according to my sources. 

I don't know if I'm supposed to post this here, so, please, don't everybody start bugging Brammo for the cases.  >:(   I asked permission to post, but haven't received a reply... but I'd like to be helpful to our community and then ask for forgiveness ;).

I've actually been allowed to purchase a set of side cases and frame so I can help the testing on the infamous potholes of San Francisco (which dislodged one of my BMW cases a couple of years ago, as well as breaking two of the Empulse's original tail section).

So far (about a week), they are rock solid. The cases lock to the support frame tighter than my 2007 BMW R1200R. There is absolutely no wiggling, no rattling, and the attachment design appears to be very solid and durable for the long haul.

Although not as "clean" looking with the bags off the frame as the BMW was, the naked Empulse is very acceptable in appearance, as the frame's tubes aren't enormous.

Each case holds a full Schuberth C3 helmet. One key fits both cases. Givi has improved the key design to be more sturdy than the last set I owned.

Again, I don't know if I'm supposed to post this here, so, please, don't everybody start bugging Brammo for the cases.  :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:46:35 PM by Shinysideup »

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »
From the Brammo webpage...
Optional Brammo hard saddle bags and top trunk.

The bag option for the Empulse has been there since last year.  Brammo needs to either remove the bags from the web page or deliver this product now.  Maybe the standard operating procedure is to post something then wait two years for it to be available.

Is it still on the web page? Is like it to be,,

I've been expecting bags/top trunk for a long time,,,

I was told back in January it would only be 3 months or so till they would be available,, it's been a long wait,, with no news,, no official news,,,

& with the move to the new digs I don't think we will see anything till December or January at the earliest,,,
At least I get to keep riding all through the winter season, just need to dodge the rainy/stormy days,,,,
Of which we've had 5 out of the last eight,,,

Anybody got news??? Please post it,,,
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-