Author Topic: June 1-2: AFM race 3 @ Thunderhill, Brammo vs gas!  (Read 1284 times)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
June 1-2: AFM race 3 @ Thunderhill, Brammo vs gas!
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
Reserving this top post for race details. Will edit as we find out more.

Saturday, June 1:
0700 Tech
0815 Practice
1530 Practice ends

Sunday, June 2:
Race day!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:58:01 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: June 1-2: AFM race 3 @ Thunderhill, Brammo vs gas!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:27:01 PM »
Thunderhill is Brammo's home track. And if Sonoma is a technical track that does not suffer heavy bikes (er) lightly, my guess is that Thunderhill will play more to Brammo's strengths.

I think we'll see some surprised gas bikes @ Thunderhill if Brammo runs the same classes as at Sonoma.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Also, I'd like to get a Google+ hangout set up with more attendees, last time was very much a last-minute effort. Will coordinate closer to time, but please post if you would be interested in video chat during practice or race.

Is anyone from the forums going to attend the race in person? Eyes on the ground would be awesome.

If we get enough interest then I think we could get someone from Brammo logged into the G+ hangout as well.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:31:49 PM »
I'm assuming Saturday is practice and qualifying, Sunday is race day.

FYI - There is no qualifying for AFM races.  The riders are gridded according to points.  Since our riders have no points in AFM, we sit at the back of field or on the 4th row (basically the same thing) if they are willing to give us a KFG exclusion. 

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
Anybody going?

The wife and I will be there...for a very very short time.

Saturday: from as early as they let us in till about 12 or 1 pm.

We are just passing through coming from Crater Lake on Thursday, Ashland on Friday and didn't plan to head down Route 5. Had planned to head out of Ashland Friday afternoon and head to Reno. Then down to the Grand Canyon and then back to Albuquerque. But when I saw the race date I changed our drive home to going through California so we could hit Willows and the race. It's not like we will be missing much by bypassing the Grand Canyon. I hear it's not that impressive :)

(we've been before, we've hiked it before, we've camped it before...and we will do it again---I think next time we are rafting down it...)

Brian....what time does the team hit the track and starts setting up? And do you mind if Deanna and I hang out, watch and take in the fun of the frenzy?

Should be fun....to short and we probably won't see any racing...but it would be nice to see the bikes getting set up and have Deanna meet the Team and maybe the racers.

Gavin

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
Brian....what time does the team hit the track and starts setting up? And do you mind if Deanna and I hang out, watch and take in the fun of the frenzy?

We will be at the track by 7am on Saturday for tech.  I believe the practice groups start at 8:15am running in 15 minute sessions per group (5 groups) through about 3:30pm with an hour break at noon for lunch.

You should be able to see plenty of on track action.  You (and anyone else here) are welcome to stop by and hang with the team.  Hang around too long, though, and we're likely to put you to work! ;)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:50:25 PM »
Deanna and I will be there at 6:45

:)

Please put us to work

G

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »
Updated schedule at the top with details from BrammoBrian.

I'd like to get an interest check for a Google+ Hangout on either Saturday practice or Sunday for the race. My availability will be a bit hit or miss this weekend - catching a movie sunday afternoon and attending an EV meeting - but I should be able to connect via mobile except when at the movie.

I believe ttxgpfan may  have something cooking as well for the hangout.. so if you're interested in either Saturday OR Sunday drop a note and let's get coordinated : )

The duration and time of the Hangout will be somewhat dependent upon how much live information we can get and when Brammo will be running.

I'm thinking one of the two formats for Saturday:
* if we can get a live feed, run a more general Hangout for the length of the practice session that people can drop in and out at will.
* if we can't get a live feed, then a short Hangout at a scheduled time after practice to go over anything that the Brammo team releases. Sum up the competition, take a look at past practice times, etc.

For Sunday I'd like to get a Hangout put together specifically the race. I don't know how we'll get a live feed. TBD.