Author Topic: Headlight adjustment?  (Read 724 times)

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Headlight adjustment?
« on: May 26, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »
I took a short night ride to try out the headlight.  I found that the beam is way out of alignment.  The bottom of the low beam hits about 20-30 in front of the bike.  On level ground the high beam never hits the ground.  At a 100 yards the high beams will illuminate the top third of the telephone poles.

I removed the shroud to see if it can be adjusted.  The bottom bolts look like they might serve as a hinge points, but I couldn't find any upper bolts that looked like they might slide.  Has anyone out there managed to adjust their headlight?  Maybe I should try increasing the preload  :D

mmcguire

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headlight adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 02:58:15 AM »
Hi Skuzzle...
I have adjusted the headlight on our Empulse in Hong Kong.  You do not need to remove the shroud.  To raise or lower the direction of the headlight beam you simply need to adjust a screw that is located on the back side.  Youll need a long philips head screwdriver.  To identify the screw that controls the direction of the beam stand on the right side of the motorcycle and turn the handlebars completely to the left. Look in from the right side of the head tube and you should see a "lone" screw.  I cant recall the right direct to twist to raise vs. lower but its easy to figure out.

If you need me to take a photo I can do this tmrw morning and post.
Good luck.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight adjustment?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 03:43:55 AM »
Thank you mmcguire.  That helped.  I now have it at the limit of adjustment.  Still doesn't quite seem low enough, but I'll have to wait til tomorrow night for another test run.  Eventually I'm planning on added a couple of aux. lights like the Shineysideup Empulse.