Author Topic: Mission Motorcycles "RS" and "R" Electric Bikes $60K!!!  (Read 1183 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Mission Motorcycles "RS" and "R" Electric Bikes $60K!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »
Pretty exciting stuff : ) Let's see if Mission can pull off the production manufacturer thing.. but the specs are amazing, especially if they largely carry over to the $30k Mission R.

I wrote about this some here:
http://protomech.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/mission-rs-mission-wants-to-sell-you-a-two-wheeled-tesla/
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »
Well, I am impressed!  Finally Mission Motorcycles (oddly having the same name as the retail motorcycle dealer where I bought my Zero) is doing what everyone wanted them to do since they first showed their Mission R at the local Cycle World motorcycle show (was it in 2010?).  I'll bet Jay Leno gets the first one and I bet that I won't get one, not wanting to spend that much on a motorcycle - especially when I only use my motorcycles for basic transportation.

BTW, what has been happening with the 200 mph Lightning?  I was hoping to see one on the street by now.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
As far as I know Lightning is still working to sell production bikes. They had at least one sale of their superbike and they're also bringing out a line of lower-powered street bikes.

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »
30K for the R seems kinda sorta ok, especially if it offers all of the amazing performance and tech you'd think it would being a Mission bike. I guess we will see.

I still feel that there is a hole in the range of bikes offered! We either get a commuter bike that is a mix of decent range and speed or a high end performance bike, where is the middle? What if I want the price of a commuter like the Enertia + but want to be able to take it out on weekends for a blast on some back roads? What bike offers that commuter price but also has the performance to fill both roles?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »
Zero XU is probably the best compromise between speed and price. $10500 for the big battery bike, ~50 miles combined range, < 6s 0-60, able to ride on the freeway for short jaunts.

The FX is a bit faster with the larger controller. $12k, slight reduction in range but very quick.

If you want Empulse speed + acceleration then you have to pay Empulse prices.. for now.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »
I think if you are looking for the SV650 of elmotos then the Empulse is as close as you are going to get.