Author Topic: Where to Attach a Temporary Plate  (Read 882 times)

shocker

• Ride Softly and Carry a Big Wattage
  • Enciter
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Where to Attach a Temporary Plate
« on: May 31, 2013, 10:57:24 AM »
Finally got my 60-day temporary plate, and my Empulse is now road legal!  I was going to laminate, basically a piece of paper, and mount it to the license plate holder.  The DMV clerk said the gas guys just tape theirs to the gas tanks, which I do have something that resembles a gas tank.  How did you mount yours?

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Attach a Temporary Plate
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »
I guess it depends on where you live.  In Oregon I just put the temporary in my pocket until the real plates come in.  I have been pulled over once in the last 20 years.  In that case I showed the police the temporary, they said thanks and off I went.  I think putting the temp on the bike is silly (but you may live in a silly state) because someone can just remove it and place in on their car.  I'm actually a bit surprised that my Empulse hasn't been pulled over yet as an excuse to see it.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »
Come to think of it, I can't recall CA issuing a temporary plate for some time.  All I get when buying a new motorcycle is an empty license plate frame and a small strip of paper which is the temporary registration that you carry around with you in your wallet.  The metal plate made by the State's prison workers, arrives within 30 to 60 days after the sale, via snail mail.

My daughter just bought a new car and she didn't get a temporary plate, either.  However, I seem to recall that CA used to issue a temporary paper "plate", but that was a while ago.  I wonder why things have changed?
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

shocker

• Ride Softly and Carry a Big Wattage
  • Enciter
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I've decided to just tape it to the main battery frame.  I was careful not to cover the Empulse R logo. ;)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:22:32 PM »
Hey that doesnt look bad! I just got my temp tags this friday as well. Time to put some miles on this bad boy... free at last!