Should Brammo build Super Karts?

YES
1 (25%)
NO
1 (25%)
MAYBE
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Looking for someone to sponsor and let me race  (Read 1324 times)

dozzga

• View Profile
Looking for someone to sponsor and let me race
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
:)

First off I know this is far fetched but as my Brother says, " A closed mouth doesn't get fed"[/color]

So here it goes, I don't have money to buy a Brammo machine. I am a skilled rider who becomes one with the machine. I guarantee I will dominate the track and make my sponsors extremely happy. I am really looking for connections of any help here. I'm also wondering why Brammo isn't in to Kart racing yet? I live in Boone, NC  in case anyone is wondering. Any questions please feel free to ask, thanks. I appreciate you reading this and look forward to teaming up with you.

Sincerely,
Johnathan D.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for someone to sponsor and let me race
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »
Are you prepared to move from NC to the west coast?

Welcome to the forum!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
I've thought of the same thing: why doesn't someone make an electric go kart. I run leagues with the local indoor karting tracks and believe electrics have far more to offer than the methane karts that have been used. But the fact is that there already is a company the provides electric karts to the established businesses like K1 Speed. If you're hoping to run in a shifter kart league, they electric will have to be specifically allowed, and even then your winning will depend more on how the kart's specs than on your skill.

As far as Brammo sponsorship, I'm sure they'd be willing to through some factory support your way, but probably nothing close to a free ride. It would probably follow closely to the contingency programs Mazdaspeed and many auto-parts companies offer for racers who use their products in competition. You have to put up the investment, and then they'll support you.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:32:01 AM »
Someone at Zero built a ZF3-based kart and races it at refuel 2012.

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »
dozzga,

The thing about sponsorship is that it is something you get after you've done well at the races as an independent.  So it is a bit of a catch-22.  You have to prove you can race by actually racing before the sponsors will back you and help pay for you to race.  What is your racing record?

There are some indies racing Zero's in the TTXGP and Pike's Peak races that have bought themselves their own Zero's to race with.  They get sponsor support from companies other than the manufacturer, and maybe some limited factory support, but I haven't heard of an independent Brammo racer yet. 

Usually that's how it works.  First you start with buying your own racing bike, and getting local and/or aftermarket sponsors as you do well racing.  Then you get picked up by the factories if you prove on the track that you can win.

Right now the factory EV racing teams seem to either hire riders with proven gas motorcycle racing experience, or use their own company to pay for themselves to race.  You might have to prove yourself in the gas motorcycle racing world first in order to get enough street creed to carry you over into the EV racing world.  Right now the factories seem to want a big gas motorcycle racer name to help try and legitimize their EV racing program.  Heck, if you could do well racing on an EV bike as an indie in the gas bike races, you might get some sponsor attention that way too.  Brammo seems to be moving in that direction now, so that might be a good route to take.

Good luck, sorry there isn't an easier way to break into the sport.