Author Topic: Long Trips/Touring  (Read 1824 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Long Trips/Touring
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »
Somewhere  between the embedded photos in a Word docx file and being translated into a pdf file and uploaded to Google Drive, my images gotten flattened into caricatures of the originals.

So I uploaded the orginals here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10852133@N02/sets/72157636511841055/

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »
your original link was unusable for me, but now I can see that massages do cost about ten times more per hour than charging on the road.  I'm probably someone who would lose patience with a trip like that, but for you the end result was a new cushy seat (saves money on massages?).  Looking forward to hearing your report on that.  Actually, I'm looking forward to sitting on it.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »
So, you eventually got to view the pdf file on Google Drive? Whenever I became impatient with the pace of the trip, I just thought to how it would be on a horse.

The seat is superb in performance so far. Traveling south to Ventura, my quadraceps almost cramped from having to support my body off the stock seat so frequently. Traveling north on the return, I NEVER had to weight-shift from discomfort. 

Just let me know when you want to try it out!

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
OK, even though the audience for my trip log seems to consist of me, myself, and Adan, the problem of Google mangling my photos, bothered me enough to figure out a solution.

So I've edit in the following to the end of my post:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1KcXffl9-nzLWJra0NQcFd0X2s/edit?usp=sharing

HINT: If you'd like to see the photos as they were intended, DOWNLOAD the file and then open it on your computer. Otherwise, if you choose merely to view the file online, Google will compress the photos horribly into pail cartoons of the originals.

The file is an Acrobat PDF file and is virus free according to Norton.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:25:32 PM by Shinysideup »