Author Topic: You're going to need a track stand  (Read 4536 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
You're going to need a track stand
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:10:14 PM »
Brian has recommended the following:
Any standard rear wheel stand (i.e. non single sided swingarm) will do the trick. I'm sure you can find cheaper, but here's the one I would recommend...

Pit Bull Standard Rear Stand

We use Pit Bull stands for the race bike as well.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: You're going to need a track stand
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »
I bought one based on Brian's endorsement. It works really well.

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
I soo wish they made the swing arms spool attachment ready :( and not show the Logo EMGO on the side mirror clamps :(

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:17:16 PM »
Maybe a dumb question, but what do you really need this for? It would make lubing the chain easier, but I got tired of getting my lift out every 2 weeks so have just been rolling it up the driveway.

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 01:56:15 AM »
Maybe a dumb question, but what do you really need this for? It would make lubing the chain easier, but I got tired of getting my lift out every 2 weeks so have just been rolling it up the driveway.

True if all you want to do is lube your chain but if you really want the chain to be spankin clean and last longer you would also need to clean the chain, I use Motul Chain Clean then use the chain cleaning brush to clean the chain before I lube it with Motul Factory Line chain lube which is the best by far that I have tried, its like the original lube most bike chain would have its like white-ish kind that does not splatter as much or at all compared to the other kinds not even close to the Motul Road Chain Lube or Maxima etc.

Lubing the chain alone does not clean up the dirt that gets stuck in between the links which accelerates the deterioration of the chain and on top of that it makes it harder for the new lube to penetrate if there is dirt and hardened lube blocking the way unless you got the o-ring type that helps block dirt out

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »
True if all you want to do is lube your chain but if you really want the chain to be spankin clean and last longer you would also need to clean the chain, I use Motul Chain Clean then use the chain cleaning brush to clean the chain before I lube it with Motul Factory Line chain lube which is the best by far that I have tried, its like the original lube most bike chain would have its like white-ish kind that does not splatter as much or at all compared to the other kinds not even close to the Motul Road Chain Lube or Maxima etc.

Lubing the chain alone does not clean up the dirt that gets stuck in between the links which accelerates the deterioration of the chain and on top of that it makes it harder for the new lube to penetrate if there is dirt and hardened lube blocking the way unless you got the o-ring type that helps block dirt out

What kind of schedule do you use for the scrubbing?

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
It really depends, its a case to case basis. If you ride in a dusty area a lot the more dirt gets in your chain so it really depends where you, I do mines everytime it starts to get all black looking thats why I like Gold chain its easier to know when to clean the chain

LGHTCYCL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
Hi what would be the correct size spool using a Pit Bull standard rear wheel stand for an Empulse R?

Thanks,

Tom

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
8mm for rear spools
10 mm for sliders

G