Author Topic: Long time lurker  (Read 1946 times)

JesseV

• View Profile
Long time lurker
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:16:31 AM »
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. I'm recently retired and managed to take an Empulse for a test ride not so long ago.

I figure while I am finding out what to do with my time I may as well hang out on some Forums. Hahaha.

Currently I own a 2013 Zero.

JesseV.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Long time lurker
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
Hi Jesse : )

There's also a forum for the 2013 Zeros here:
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?board=35.0

What did you think about the Empulse in comparison to your Zero?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

JesseV

• View Profile
Long time lurker
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »
Thanks Protomech

This is a Brammo Forum so I'm not sure I should speak too freely on my thoughts about the empulse. I guess I was somewhat impressed and at the same time depressed after riding it.

I did experience a Brammo Dealership which was also very depressing though.....

I will check out the Zero Forum you suggested.

JesseV

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
Hi Jesse and welcome to the forum!

I did experience a Brammo Dealership which was also very depressing though.....

Care to share which dealership it was and why you found it depressing? Brammo folks do frequent this forum and I'm sure they'd be interested in people's impressions of dealerships.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

JesseV

• View Profile
Long time lurker
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
Brammofan

I would prefer not to. I will say that being at the dealership I felt out of place, not what I was expecting from a Brammo dealership at all. I was told by a salesman that no one there knew anything about the bikes except for one employee. At the time that one employee was no where to be found.

I waited for about 25 minutes and gave up.

JesseV

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
Jessie - Welcome to our asylum forum.

I understand your not wanting to mention the dealer in public, but your experience can offer valuable feedback to Brammo and I urge you to contact them through the link on their website and write what you've posted here along with the name of the dealer.

My experience with Scuderia West, from the tire-kicking stage to the purchase to the followup service has been 180 degrees opposite from your story. I'm sorry you were treated that way.

JesseV

• View Profile
Long time lurker
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »
Scuderia is a great dealership. I spoke with them about the Empulse when I dropped in a couple weeks ago. I was in the area for Moto GP and killed sometime while the wife was shopping.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »
Chicago/Milwaukee area? I was told the same thing by the guy finalized my deal. He gave me the impression the dealer was added by Brammo and not actually interested in the bikes. But that salesman is no longer there, so who knows what their attitude actually is. The service person I've been dealing with has been helpful and very eager to learn the product.

Having worked at a motorcycle dealership for a year and a half after college (oh, to be young again), I can say that you probably didn't miss much.

If you are in my area, feel free to swing by anytime. I'm almost at 4K miles and can give you the full rundown of my ownership experience.

I stopped by Scuderia when I was in San Francisco a few months ago, and circled the store for a good 15 minutes with my Brammo bag before anyone said a word to me. I tried to talk about the bikes, but left feeling like I was wasting their valuable time. Even good dealerships have their off days.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

JesseV

• View Profile
Long time lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
Thanks 49.

It was in California actually. I do know the motorcycle industry pretty well, I just retired at the end of last year after 30 plus years of working at Dealerships.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
Well I'm in the Bay Area, so, Jesse, if you want to discuss ownership experience local to here, I'm available: Just PM me.

I've got 8K on the clock and am totally open to any opinions, positive or negative about the bike. (Though I do mostly like the machine, I'm too old to be a fanboy! ;))

Bill

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
Long time lurker
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:45 PM »
Hi Jessie and welcome I had the same dealership experience and currently experiencing horrible things

But yeah don't let the dealer change about what you think of Brammo

JesseV

• View Profile
Long time lurker
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »
Thanks for the offer Bill. I spend most of my time in New York or Canada. I just had some industry friends to catch up with in L.A and as a rule I try not to miss Laguna.