Author Topic: Throttle/regen issue  (Read 1578 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
Throttle/regen issue
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:52:16 PM »
Last weekend I did a short errand into the city and at some point I started feeling like I had to brake more than usual when approaching traffic lights, with the throttle released.
It seems that the throttle often doesn't reach 0 so the engine braking doesn't always kick in. Also, sometimes when stopped, the power display shows 0.3 or 0.8 kW instead of 0. And I can hear the motor spinning softly then too. It's supposed to be totally silent, at least I remember that it used to be like that.

Does anyone else have experience with an issue like this? I don't know if it's relevant, but when I first noticed this issue, I stopped by the roadside and restarted the bike. Then it came on with a "TWIST THROTTLE TO 0" message and an S65 error. But luckily those errors went away after some restarts.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle/regen issue
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:47:32 PM »
I get the S65 error only when I've moved the throttle during startup.

I always get full and gloriously effective regen in Sport mode.

With the bike stopped, the motor should have NO throttle input, draw NO power, make NO noises.

I'd definitely have my dealer check this out. I wouldn't want ANY glitches in my drive-by-wire throttle control!

It may be helpful to jot down the date and time when an event happens, to make searching the on-board chip's logs easier.

With luck, this may just be a mechanical issue with the right grip, but I'd wanna know.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:03:44 PM »
There is usually always fan/pump noise when I'm stopped while I'm out for a ride. If the motor was moving, it would push the bike forward.... Or push against the brakes.

How do you know the motor is moving? Just sound?

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:25:04 AM »
0.3 kW power is a usual to me.