Author Topic: Interview with BrammoBrian  (Read 1094 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Interview with BrammoBrian
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »
On the line with Brian Wismann.

Great interview, Brian!
I especially liked this part:
AAB: Does this mean that you have a Brammo now?
BW: YES! I bought an Enertia as soon as they were available. I have Limited Edition no. 07 (my lucky number) and have really enjoyed commuting to work on it almost every day since I’ve owned it. I’ve also made several cosmetic upgrades to the bike, which you can read about at: www.brammoforum.com.

Thanks for the link.

This a MUST READ, folks.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interview with BrammoBrian
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
There is a LOT of information here, people:
AAB: Will you continue to only sell through Best Buy locations and direct online or will you let existing motorcycle or scooter dealers – or others - also sell your products?
BW: We will use multiple sales channels as the market matures.
AAB: Any plans for a sport-oriented competition-only machine?
BW: If that is what customers ask for then it would be foolish of us to ignore that.

and
AAB: Are there any plans for Brammo to participate in the TTXGP (especially, now that it is coming to the US) or the FIM ePower series?  Will there be a factory sponsored team and/or supported privateers?
BW: ... Brammo will enter events only as it sees a benefit to do so. Our first priority must always be for the engineering team to support production and new product development. However, if the media exposure for the brand is there and the competition is strong, don’t be surprised to see Brammo show up with an entry that tests some of the new technology we’ve been developing.

and more:

AAB: Should we expect other accessories like tank bags, saddle bags, front saddle bags, etc?
BW: Yes
AAB: So, what do you have in the development stages for us in the future (2011 and beyond)?
BW: A motorcycle company (or car company for that matter) cannot only sell one product and hope to be successful. You will see new products and continued innovation from Brammo in the future. We’re excited and you should be too! As always, Brammo customers will be the first to hear “the scoop” on new developments.

My eyes were popping... anyone else?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »

Very informative.

I like this part:

...he [Brian] wants Brammo’s customers to assist in guiding the company’s engineering and design towards an electric motorcycle which will be exactly what you will truly enjoy riding.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »
Glad you guys enjoyed the interview.  Funny my sense of priorities... the author literally had to bug me and everyone around me to write that interview since just after the TT last year.  Had any one of you simply asked me the same questions, I probably would've responded that day! ;)

And yes, I really do want you to participate in guiding the future direction of our products!