Author Topic: Discolored LCD screen  (Read 592 times)

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Discolored LCD screen
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:55 AM »
I went and had the fender recall done yesterday. It was a quick fix. But, when I got home from work yesterday, I noticed that the top left hand side of my LCD screen was discolored. It was darker and had a little rainbow effect. It's hard to see unless you are looking for it if the LCD is on, but if it is off it is pretty noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to call my dealer and send an email to Brammo later today. I do find that my dealer will look at the bike, but when it comes to answering questions or having a technician that can work on them, they are in the dark. I mentioned my shifting problem i was experiencing and they said they would call Brammo and ask if this is something other people are experiencing and what to do about it (they did confirm the issue, though). It makes me wonder how I could even get any warranty work done.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Discolored LCD screen
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
I had one day where the top half of the screen was extra dark and barely readable.  Note this wasn't a moisture pattern, but seemed to be on the LCD itself.  The problem went away on its own the next day and has been fine in the month or two since.

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Discolored LCD screen
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on it. I finally received the recommended oil that I purchased online. The bike already has a little of 600 miles so I don't want to drive until until I change the oil (which I will do this weekend). I'll check it while I do a warm up ride.

Also, I had a great experience talking with Adam, the Brammo service manager, today. I mentioed he issue I had with the shifter stying don in 2nd gear while downshifting as well as the LCD screen discoloration. He mentioed that the Brammo rep here in San Diego was going o the dealer todayand would inform them of the shifter adjustments they can make and he would ship a whole new display if they couldn't fix the original.

Great customer service so far! I have no doubt all of this will be fixed soon. I love my Empulse  8)