Author Topic: How hot have you gotten your brammo?  (Read 2321 times)

Enertia122

• View Profile
    • Email
How hot have you gotten your brammo?
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
About 2 days ago i was on my way home from work.  The ambient temp outside was 69 degrees.  I was about 8 miles into my journey home which, just happens to be the top of a fairly long(2 miles) gradual accent.  That is when i notice the motor temp was over 200 degrees.  It got as high as 205 and noticed a slow in speed.  Not a big deal since i was only 3 miles from the house and had plenty of power to make it there.  I'm wondering what will happen during summer when the temps reach 80-90.  Will the bike shutdown or will the system slow the bike until the temperature drops?

ALephart

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • smart car forum
Re: How hot have you gotten your brammo?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:39:14 PM »
I normally get the bike between 160-170F.

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

Enertia122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »
that's about the average temp i run at.  On another topic, i am getting a strange noise when i apply the front brakes.  It's a clicking sound that increases/decreases in speed depending on the speed of the bike.  Just wondering if you've heard of anything like that.  Sounds like a call to Dave Harvey, the SoCal rep, is needed.  Also, have you had any issues with your seat latch coming loose?

ALephart

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • smart car forum
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
Yes, I get that same sound. From other bikes I have had its usually the sound of the pads "bedding" in. Although with 1300 miles mine has'nt gone away so I would call it a "trait".

Yes on the latch to, I ended up pulling the metal plate out and rebent it to be more secure.

It's no big deal, but to help this website become more "searchable" to search engines, its best to start a new topic for new questions. I will reply either way ;D. It just add's "filler" to the website.

And I am now removing the quotation key from my keyboard!

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:43:18 AM »
I guess the older version of the onboard software I have doesn't show motor temp.  I was hauling butt the other day, ambient temp was 95 or so, and, after about 6 miles, I got a "thermal" something fault.  The bike was still going... just not at 60... more like 55.  I pulled off the highway, figured out where I was, and decided to head home because I was down to about 35%.  By the time I had plotted a new route home, the display no longer showed a fault, and I was fine. 

I'm thinking I need to talk to Brammo about getting that new software version.

Oh, and I'll "second" Aaron's "request" that new subjects be handled on new threads.  :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Enertia122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »
 :-[ my apologies.  I will be sure to start a new thread from now on.

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 09:12:56 PM »
Ive had mine go 263 and the outside temp was 98, Today I had it till 248 with outside temp of 88 and the bike actually gets hotter when I decelerate and actually cools down for a minute when I go full throttle then it will go to thermal cutdown again but the really weird part is my bike started to get more thermal cutdown after the update, has anyone noticed the same?

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:55:15 AM »
Wow, that is perplexing. I havent had a problem but, I think I may have to keep a closer eye on it. Thanx for the heads up.

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 12:51:42 AM »
Another thing i forgot to add was I had the bike drastically loose take off power 3 times, I think its when temp goes above 250