Author Topic: So I got a gasser  (Read 977 times)

Xaero

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
So I got a gasser
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
Just put a deposit down on a 2013 Honda CB500X.  Maybe in the next few years when I have it paid off electric will be cheaper with a longer distance so I can finally get one!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: So I got a gasser
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »
Congratulations Xaero.  The Honda CB500X has been getting good reviews in magazine tests and it is selling at a very fair price.  I am sure you will enjoy your new bike.  I think everyone is hoping that electric motorcycles will drop in price.  But this is going to take more EV sales so that batteries, electronics and motors will decrease in price due to the greater volume production and with electric motorcycle sales so low (relative to the established IC models) this is going to take a while.  On the other hand, most 2014 IC models seem to be increasing in price this year and electric motorcycles are pretty much at price parity with large cruisers and most European models, with the Japanese catching up quickly.

I think Honda has done the smart thing by developing a line of value-priced motorcycles that the average rider will enjoy.  Harley just announced 500cc and 750cc water cooled V-twins that will be selling for $6,700 and $7,900, if I recall correctly, so it is obvious that all motorcycle manufacturers are concerned about lowering their prices whenever possible.  I assume that both Brammo and Zero are thinking the same thing.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.