Author Topic: Aloha from Hawaii  (Read 1968 times)

baikinman

• View Profile
Aloha from Hawaii
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
I'm a long time rider, 20 years.  I have had my Harley Softail Custom for 14 years now, before that I was a superbike guy.  This technology is very interesting to me and I am open to the possibility of a new bike.  The Empulse has caught my eye. 

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Aloha from Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Hawaii sounds like a great place to ride. In addition to electric motorcycles, my hobby is growing exotic, ornamental plants. I am planning to get an Empulse. There are a lot of answers on this site about the Empulse, but if you have any questions, just ask.

akohekohe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
Aloha as well.  I am also a new member from Hawaii and live on O'ahu.  I put in a reservation for both an Empulse and Enertia Plus but I am only looking to buy one motorcycle.  The Brammo will be my first motorcycle. I am looking at it as an alternative when bicycling is too slow but my wife has the car or I simply don't feel like being in a box.  I have no experience with electric vehicles but I have a PV system on my roof that is producing more electricity than I use, so I can charge the motorcycle for free. I am however taking delivery of a Nissan LEAF in February.  I did recommend two dealers on O'ahu to Brammo and I really am hoping that they can get a dealer here.  I think it is an ideal market for electric motorcycles considering the size of the island, the nice weather, government support for electric vehicles,and an environmentally conscious population.  This lead to Nissan include Hawaii as one of the initial states for the LEAF roll out.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, then success is sure. - Mart Twain

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
Welcome to our forum, akohekohe. I'm the same Phantom from elmoto.net. A Brammo is an easy EV to own. I have not needed to do any special EV maintenance yet, just plug it in. I want a PV system on my roof someday to say the same thing about riding a sun-powered electric motorcycle.

That is great news on your LEAF purchase.

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »
So did you ever get your Empulse?

Mine landed on Oahu Feb2nd,,, & I've heard that there is another Empulse on the island now,, as well as an Enertia that's been here awhile,, that owner works near where my wife works, & she's seen it driving around,,,
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-