Author Topic: Brammo’s New Hotrod: The TTX P2  (Read 1036 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo’s New Hotrod: The TTX P2
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:24:32 PM by ttxgpfan »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo’s New Hotrod: The TTX P2
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
The fairing everyone (who wants one) deserves. Looks great!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:55:23 AM »
mmmmmm.

I don't expect the Zero SR will be much faster than the 2013 Zeros modified with the Size 6 controller.. the higher temp magnets and ducting across the motor should help reduce power fade as the race progresses. But in terms of outright speed, particularly for qualifying, they should be little faster than the 2013 bikes.

With a sport bike fairing, the Empulse should pick up a little more speed on straights OR reduce power requirements overall - lower controller motor and battery temps - and extend range.

The racing mod Zeros already have fairings as well. There are still some aero gains to be realized, so things are not "done" yet.

Looking forward to the races this coming year.. AFM, AHRMA, and privateers contesting the Empulse in the eRR : )
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:02:06 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »
As far as the Zero's go the forks, shocks, and frame are all stiffer and I think the Zero guys will see much better handling characteristics, so there should must definitely be better lap times as a result of that.

Brian talks about the effects the fairings have on cooling and top speed in the article.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure Kenyon was on a prototype of the SR for ReFuel at Laguna Seca this year... you can see the larger heat sink and size 6 motor controller under the seat in this photo from Dave Herron's site:

They've got a much larger diameter motor for torque production at the "crank" than the Empulse, but we've got the gearbox to multiply torque to the rear wheel.  We should maintain an advantage off the start and on the top end, but they're certainly catching up and benefit from lighter weight (which is becoming less of an advantage as they "beef up" on frame, suspension, and brakes).  I think their biggest weakness is the lack of water cooling on their motor, which they've attempted to address with the magnet swap.  The Empulse motor has both high-temp samarium cobalt magnets AND a very efficient water cooling system... 

Some very good engineering and development going on on both sides of the coin and I'm just happy to be a part of the industry/movement! 

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
And with a water-cooled motor, I can warm my hands on it in the winter. Don't try this on a Ducati!