Author Topic: Empulse accident(?) on the bay bridge this morning?  (Read 1523 times)

oobflyer

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Empulse accident(?) on the bay bridge this morning?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
This happened repeatedly to me when I first got my Vectrix. I just quit expecting to have any charge left when the fuel gauge got low. Vectrix never did figure out how to address the inaccuracy of the fuel gauge. (I know I'm comparing apples to oranges - no offense to Brammo!)
This problem hasn't occurred since I swapped out the NiMH batteries for the LiFePo batteries.

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
I don't think I've ever gotten more than 60 miles, even drafting trucks at 65mph in good weather...

Yeah, I think I was probably exaggerating there on second thought. I know I regularly get 55 mile range on my long commute but that's going 70mph with some drafting and short easy stints on surface streets. My short commute is a lot more aggressive with half interstate at 75-80 mph with shorts stints at 100 mph (my favorite sweeper) and then surface streets. And that chews up 35% which comes out to about a 35-40 mile range. I have a surface street route for my short commute. It would be interesting to see how I would do if I hypermiled it.

Anyhow, I should probably shut up about range until I have some proper experiments. A) I don't want to mislead future buyers and B) no one likes a fishing story. Besides, I'm not really a good data point since I rarely run the Empulse low. Consequently I'm in the throttle a lot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:02:16 PM by implovator »

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 07:18:43 PM »
Ha - you and I are pretty similar. Range is not an issue for me usually, so I usually have multiple WOT pulls on my way to work and cruise between 75 and 80 for a good 20 miles. My 35 mile round trip gets me home with around 40%. Hypermiling doesn't add a whole lot of range for me, ironically.

But when it's cold and getting low on SOC, staying out of the throttle as much as possible is good advice.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL