Author Topic: My Newest Mod  (Read 2659 times)

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
My Newest Mod
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:56:25 PM »
I finally found time to install my motorcycle x-mas gifts. I installed a new windshield but didn't get a pic of it during the day. I'll have to upload one later. I did get some pics of the new accent lights I installed. I thought they would be great for night riding. They are on a separate switch so I can turn them on only when I want to. The particular set I received can change between 7 different colors, various patterns at different speeds. I just like the solid light and dark blue the best. Enjoy, Tammie

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:02:25 PM by tkthompson »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Newest Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
The lights look great! Can't wait for the windshield pics.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »
Looks great! I also have some LED strips I want to install but wasn't sure where to wire them into. I see on the fuse box the #1 fuse is for running lights. So I figured that would work. Where did you wire yours to?
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll try to get a pic of the windshield today before the Charger game, GO BOLTS!

VY, I was originally thinking of adding the power for the lights to the spare fuse position or as you stated, to tap into another source at the fuse box. The problem I ran into is that the harness wiring going to the fuse box is so tight you can't just pull the fuse box out. I probably could have just unplugged everything but I started looking for an easier way. If you look along the mid seat area on the left side of the bike you will see the harness for the tail light/blinkers. I unplugged it and found that the power lead off the harness is the Orange lead (not the red lead) with the ground being black. I tapped into the leads (on the side going to the tail light) and used an inline fuse. Just mock everything up first as there isn't a lot of room under the seat as it sits in the rails at each side. Once I had everything like I wanted and made the permanent connections and dressed everything up with the wiring, I started adding the LED lights. I had the connection from the control unit to the first light pod come out the back by the rear fender and started my lights there. Just lightly stick your lights where you think you want them. After that, go back and use the activator on the plastic where needed and then dress everything in. The wiring came out good and I was able to hide all the extra wire on the right side of the bike under the seat (all my extension wire was pulled back by the rear fender). I used pods and strips. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:11:13 AM by tkthompson »

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
My Newest Mod
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
That looks awesome!! Nice work!

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
I took some pics of the new windshield earlier today. I like the black and the smaller size for a bit of wind deflection. I haven't had the chance to try it on the freeway yet. -Tammie

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
Thanks TK for letting me know what wire to use for my LEDs. I spent the day and got wired...  They look great.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 11:50:08 PM »
Cool! Looks good. I love mine for nights riding.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »
What model windscreen is that? MRA what?

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »
How's the fit with the headlight? I can sort of tell but it's dark.

What fit kit did you order?

Maybe a list of what you bought would be good.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 01:00:48 PM »
I wanted to wait for Brammo to release its screen, but with the rains (finally) coming, I broke down and got the MRA, the one recommended by Brammo:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-racingscreen-style-rnb-windshield-for-naked-sport-bikes-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

Seems pretty similar to the one above, maybe a tad larger, but that's just a guess.  It's a pretty big screen.

Had to fuss a bit with the bar clamps, but overall, an easy install.

Works very well.  Big pocket of calm air, wind hitting me just above the chin but feels like much of it is directed outward towards my shoulders.  Some increase in wind noise, but not bad.  Freeway commute much more pleasant now. 

Haven't paid attention yet to whether efficiency has increased, but surely it has, as I'm no longer clamshelling through the air.

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »
It was pretty much a perfect fit. I think it looks great. It comes in clear and smoke gray, but I liked the look of the black. The black will take at least an extra month to get as they don't carry them in stock. The mounting kit ordered with the windshield was the universal mounting kit for 7/8in bars, part MRA.HK

MRA.HK
Universal Mounting Kit for 22mm (7/8in) and 25mm (1in) diameter handlebars.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
My Newest Mod
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 09:24:54 AM »
The PoPo said blue was a no no; Now they can't say poo poo  :D
So I finally got pulled over...  Cop was cool and only gave me a written warning.  So being the up standing citizen I am I changed the LEDs right away.  I knew it was questionable but the blue lights weren't "on front or back, flashing or strobing" and you couldn't see the "bulb" but PBSO said no blue at all... Oh well, so plan B I decided to be compliant with FL law and go with a "Safety First" scheme, white on the front, yellow/amber on the sides and red on the rear. Seems legit  8)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:26:39 AM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
My Newest Mod
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
If they can't see me coming then they're F...ing Blind  >:(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:21:18 AM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,