Author Topic: Brammo Empulse R test ride video  (Read 869 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Empulse R test ride video
« on: January 21, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »

Test riding the 2013 Brammo Empulse R at Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Empulse R test ride video
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »
Fell asleep after about a minute.  It's a shame when you can't take the Empulse onto some twisties for a test ride.  That's what finally sold me on it.

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »
I also heard some over-revving (at around 2:30) which probably indicated that he wasn't used to leaving the clutch engaged at a stop (hopefully the dealer at least reminded him).  The bike seems a little awkward when you don't know this rule and much more powerful and zippy when you know it.

Another sound of over-revving right after that would suggest not only that he is using the clutch to upshift (which I never find necessary), but also that he shifted fairly early, not running it up to 5K as we've been guided.

(Some more around 5:40)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:24:00 PM by flar »
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:43:06 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that too... reminding me of my newbie days! Even now, after more than a year and 11K miles on the bike, rarely, but every once in a great while, I'll try to feather the clutch upon takeoff. Amazing how deep those grooves are in my old brain!

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »
I was afraid I would forget how to ride a "regular" bike. I thought I'd forget to pull in the clutch when taking off and stopping. I find it amazing that my brain automatically remembers how to treat each of my different bikes. I guess it is just ingrained in there somewhere.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 02:33:18 PM »
I got on a gas bike the other day after a long time away from them, and had no problem adjusting back.  Maybe the sound of pistons triggers the proper neural "motor" responses.  As an aside, I forgot how fun a gas bike could be, just the idea that I could keep riding if I wanted to.  Aprilia Dosoduro . . . less range on a tank than the Empulse, but a great city bike!