Author Topic: sport fairing conversion  (Read 995 times)

plukcc

• Enciter
    • View Profile
sport fairing conversion
« on: January 24, 2014, 08:25:54 AM »
i really wish to have a sport fairing electric power bike, but i can wait, so i bought the spec 32
but if brammo launch a sport fairing conversion kit, i will be the first one to raise up my hand

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: sport fairing conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:49:23 AM »
Peter,

Something like this?

This is the race fairing kit for our Empulse TTX, the only current version of the Empulse of a higher performance specification than your Spec32 bike.

plukcc

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »
yes in deed, but will be perfect if i can show off this bike on street, with headlight and the stupid mirrors, haha

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »
Is that available? What are other compatible fairings?

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »
Travis,

This is available to our TTX customers, but it's very expensive as it's all pre-preg super awesome carbon fiber.  There is no "off-the-shelf" compatible fairing, but you could probably get almost anything to work given the desire to mess around with fiberglass.  Arthur Kowitz modified his Empulse TTX with a current model year Ninja 250r front fairing and tail section.

The desire to have something that is street certified creates a problem as it implies a lot of very expensive testing and lighting integration for a OEM option.  However, most "custom" builders are able to figure ways around this to make a kit that satisfies the local authorities (which Brammo in no way endorses).  Just sayin'...

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 01:44:39 AM »
The desire to have something that is street certified creates a problem as it implies a lot of very expensive testing and lighting integration for a OEM option.  However, most "custom" builders are able to figure ways around this to make a kit that satisfies the local authorities (which Brammo in no way endorses).  Just sayin'...

In that case Brammo should look into creating ummm, privateer budget friendly (yeah, that's the ticket) fiberglass versions of the carbon yum. . . . ah, I mean fairing.  And make those available for sale. :D

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 06:19:39 AM »
How much would a fairing like this matter at "enthusiast street legal" speeds?  Range?  Power?  Comfort?

I kind of like the radical difference between my R1200RT (complete silence in still air on the highway with my cal-sci shield) and my Empulse (happy dog with tongue sticking out the window and tears in his eyes)...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 08:01:20 AM »
Ballpark:
10-15% reduction in power req @ 70 mph
11-18% more range at 70 mph (how's 68 miles @ 70 sound?)
5-10% higher top speed
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/