Author Topic: Endlich !!!! only german!  (Read 932 times)

Gerhard

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Endlich !!!! only german!
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »
Ich habe soeben die Nachricht erhalten, das die Empulse im April kommt!!
Und auf der Messe in Tulln ausgestellt wird.

Also vom 11.-13. 04.2014 auf nach Tulln zur Bike Austria!

Gerhard

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Endlich !!!! only german!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »
Google translate for the lazy:

"I have just received the news that comes the Empulse in April!
And will be on show in Tulln.

So from 11-13th 04.2014 on the bike to Tulln Austria!

Gerhard"

Great news re: Empulse in Europe.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
I can confirm the rumors... we're excited to get the Empulse to Europe, finally! 

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »
Oh hell yes!  Mach schnell!!

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
I can confirm the rumors... we're excited to get the Empulse to Europe, finally!

May I ask for some details? The Empule was afaik scheduled for May 2013, there were plenty of listed dealers.
Were there legal problems like getting certification/admission or lies the fault more in the supply chain / european assembly lines?

Although not entirely in Brammos interest I hope this step motivates ZeroMC to finally get their shit together for the european market and start selling them at more reasonable prices (not up to 1.4 times the US-price).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:49:31 PM by oml »

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I think I can tell that the new Dutch dealer told me yesterday, when he picked up my bike for some maintenance, that he's supposed to collect one here in Amsterdam next week. I hope to be able to catch a glimpse of it in real life then!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
In the UK:
http://www.hybridcars.com/brammo-going-after-uk-market-with-goingreen/

G

I hope Brammo has better luck in the UK market than Zero did.  After about a year, Zero gave up (I don't know why) in the UK, although they seem to be doing OK in Europe.   ??? 
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I think I can tell that the new Dutch dealer told me yesterday, when he picked up my bike for some maintenance, that he's supposed to collect one here in Amsterdam next week. I hope to be able to catch a glimpse of it in real life then!

I would love to be there too! Can you share the details?
Is it EVC Heemskerk again?
Once you go EV, gas is history!

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 04:59:52 AM »

I would love to be there too! Can you share the details?
Is it EVC Heemskerk again?
No it's the dealer from Groningen province. He introduced himself here a few months ago IIRC. I have no details about the Empulse pickup, also don't know when (or if) exactly this is going to happen, other than it could be combined with him returning my bike to Amsterdam, so he'd have the Empulse with him then.
You should contact him I guess.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:01:42 AM by FrankH »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »
I will do that, thanks!
Once you go EV, gas is history!

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »
May I ask for some details? The Empule was afaik scheduled for May 2013, there were plenty of listed dealers.
Were there legal problems like getting certification/admission or lies the fault more in the supply chain / european assembly lines?

I'm not sure anyone is necessarily at fault, although I can understand the frustration.  The decision was made to spend the time, money, and effort to homologate the model year 2014 bike as there were a host of changes coming and we did not want to go through the process and expense twice.  This also gave us time to get "caught up" on the service and dealer support documentation that was delayed when we launched in the US. Launching any product in Europe is typically more difficult and costly due to increased levels of regulation and the addition of the VAT which must be considered in the retail pricing.  The bikes also require EMC testing for emissions and vulnerability that is not required in the US.  We are now quite confident that the bike will meet all EU regulations and have thus been able to provide a more firm delivery schedule for our dealers.  We understand that many in Europe are frustrated, but hope that can be forgotten when they are finally able to experience the bike for themselves. 

Although not entirely in Brammos interest I hope this step motivates ZeroMC to finally get their shit together for the european market and start selling them at more reasonable prices (not up to 1.4 times the US-price).

And I hope not... ;)

March3l

• First Dealer in the Netherlands
    • View Profile
    • Electric Motorcycles Nederland
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 09:35:54 AM »

The Empulse R wil be displayed on the Motorbeurs Utrecht on Februari 20 til 23 for the main public.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »
The decision was made to spend the time, money, and effort to homologate the model year 2014 bike as there were a host of changes coming and we did not want to go through the process and expense twice.

Oh.. do tell!

And I hope not... ;)

Equivalent pricing in euros where 1 USD = 1 euro is pretty typical, I think.

Here's a comparison of MSRP for various items in US vs germany

Base 15" Apple Retina Macbook $1999 or 1.999€
Chevy Cruze LTZ A6 $23805 or €23,990
Kawasaki Z1000 $11999 or €12.195
Zero S ZF11.4 $14995 or €15.100
Tesla Model S 60 kWh $71070 or 69.240€ (not including subsidies)
Tesla Model S 85 kWh $81070 or 76.740€ (not including subsidies)

Part of the higher MSRP in straight currency conversions is VAT / sales tax, which is typically included in european car / consumer goods pricing and is not included in the US.

Part of it is the additional cost of shipping to Europe, for goods manufactured or assembled in the US.

Part of it is as much profit as the market will bear.

I recall seeing very aggressive pricing claims for the Empulse some time back. I'm curious to see what the pricing is set to when the bike is available.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:57:58 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/