Author Topic: Brammoversary!  (Read 833 times)

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Brammoversary!
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »
Birthdammo?
EmpulseaƱera?

I've had this ridiculous thing for an entire year now.  I can confirm: after 13,000+ miles, it still makes me grin like a total idiot.

In celebration (and also as an excuse to go out and ride aimlessly around) we took some pictures!

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Brammoversary!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »
Congratulations, Jeff.  That's 13k miles of some pretty hard/mixed use, too, if I might add.  How many trackdays have you put on her? 

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »
Congratulations, Jeff.  That's 13k miles of some pretty hard/mixed use, too, if I might add.  How many trackdays have you put on her?

Haha thanks!  Counting ReFuel, I think I'm up to four trackdays?  Plus nutso commuting, plus the blasted and scarred Mad Max-esque San Francisco road surfaces . . . definitely a working beast, nearly every day.

I cannot imagine relegating one of these machines to diaper-rubbed garage queen status.  I can only hope that in a few decades, when electric motorcycles are a boring & commonplace sight and Brammo makes MotoGP bikes or whatever, I'll be the crazy asshole who actually rides his rare ancient first-generation Empulse (retrofitted to use 100 kWh Mr. Fusion batteries of course).  Like this heroic dude, but minus the expensive German parts.

Now if only there was a retrofit for a less swear-inducing rear axle . . .

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »
Gah...I just passed 5000 today and thought that was good...but my commute is only 5 miles, 10 round trip.

Took a 57 mile ride today...from 5000 feet up to 8678... Chilly and windy.

G

http://twitter.com/gavinmcc/status/427602388912840704/photo/1

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:19:08 PM by Gavin »

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 01:39:10 AM »
Nice dude!  The Tie Fighter lives!  Long live the Tie Fighter!!! :D