Author Topic: Southern California Brammo Owners Association  (Read 3225 times)

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Southern California Brammo Owners Association
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:39:22 AM »
Are there any owners or want to be owners in Southern California that would like to be a part of a Southern California Brammo Owners Association?

I don't own one (yet) but I'm looking to maybe when the 2011's come out (assuming that there is going to be a new model year). However, I would be willing to start a group if there are people that would join. I have no idea now how many owners there are in the L.A. and SoCal area, but if there are some that would like to have an association, let me know.

Could do group rides, show up at events like Eco Fairs, bike shows, etc. Show the bike off, spread the word, find old Hells Angels members and taunt them into thinking that they have lost their hearing as we drive past them.  Even people like me that are considering getting one could be involved.

I see that Aaron posted a thread asking if there were any owners out there in SoCal and he got no reply. So maybe this is just too early and there are not any other SoCal owners out there. But here is another attempt.

Let me know.

Kelly Olsen
310-453-4784
Santa Monica, Ca
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:43:04 AM by Kelly »

ALephart

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • smart car forum
Re: Southern California Brammo Owners Association
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
I'm in!

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:46:44 AM »
Well, that's a start. Maybe too early yet, but I'll keep on trying.

Harlan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
Kelly,

Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on Friday nights has been a regular meet up point for the ESX Motorsports guys who are promoting the Brammo.  I attend as regularly as I can as do some of our customers on their Zeros and GPRS bikes.  I've also been known to attend Italian Bike Night Wednesdays at Rick's Tavern in Santa Monica as well as other events around town.  Its hard to be everywhere at once but hopefully once more people buy these bikes we won't have to be.

I know you are probably worried about jumping on the bandwagon too soon but believe me, these bikes are real and ready to go.  Don't stand back and wait like everybody else.  You won't regret it.
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
Thanks for the info about the meets. I've always wanted to go to Bob's in Burbank just for the cars. But if there are e-bikes out there I will make it a point of trekking out there from Santa Monica (where I live).

As far as the the SoCal Brammo Association, I have identified at least 6 people from this site that list the L.A. area as their home. There may be others but this was just from the people that put their area in their profile. Don't know how many are actual owners or people like me that are waiting to get a bike.

Kind of weird for a person that does not yet have a bike to start an owners association but I've never been too afraid of being perceived as somebody that does things a little different.

However, I have taken the first plunge and started a page on Facebook called Brammo Riders of Southern California.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brammo-Riders-of-Southern-California/140503792639481?v=info#!/pages/Brammo-Riders-of-Southern-California/140503792639481?v=wall

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:28:33 PM by Kelly »

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:24 AM »
If you guys hit up bobs big boy hit me up i live in burbank and would love to meet fellow e-bike owners

Jeffy
(646)236-1643
vespa_1004@yahoo.com

Harlan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 02:42:38 PM »
It was great meeting Jeff and Kelly at Bob's last night along with the usual ESX crew.  The e-bike presence is getting larger there every week!
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »
Yes, it was great to see FOUR, I'll say that again, FOUR Brammo Enertias at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank last Friday. Friday the 13th turned out to be very nice night.

I'll be posting some pictures and videos on the Facebook page of Brammo Riders of Southern California in the next couple of days.