Author Topic: The 26th Annual Toys In The Sun Run  (Read 2106 times)

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
The 26th Annual Toys In The Sun Run
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
This past Sunday the wife and I participated in the 26th Annual Toys In The Sun Run.
http://www.toysinthesunrun.com/
First time I've done anything like this and we had a lot of fun.

The distance from the house to the launch site for the run required a charge. So we got off to an early start to make sure we had enough juice for the run.  I found a charging station on Plugshare about 4 miles from the launch point at a parking garage on the beach in Hollywood, FL. Cool, I didn't like the pay to park pay to charge gig but whatever... of course at 6:30a.m. there was an SUV parked in the charging station with this big sign. The entire garage was pretty much empty otherwise. Luckily the space next to the charging station was open. I did like the signage for the charging station and the SUV did receive a ticket.  When the maintenance guy came around in his golf cart he asked about the bike. I told him I was concerned about someone not seeing the bike and pulling into the parking space hitting the bike. So he came back with a big parking cone.  So while we waited for a charge we caught the sunrise and had breakfast on the beach.
After a two hour recoup charge I put the cone at the end of the charging station where it should be and it's off to the run.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:18:29 AM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: The 26th Annual Toys In The Sun Run
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »
Once we got there and was riding through the parking lot I could only smile from ear to ear looking at the expressions on everyone's faces.  You know that look...
After we got to the destination it was an awesome sight to see all those bikes! They say approximately 30k bikes participated.
I would also like to add that I saw seven ICE bikes that didn't make it due to mechanical failure and all of the electric bike(s) made it without a problem...  8)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:30:59 AM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
The 26th Annual Toys In The Sun Run
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:38:01 AM »
After a long day it was time to go home... It was a really great day to get out on the bike!
So we charged up at a charging station close to a friends house, watched football, ate pizza, then off we went...
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: The 26th Annual Toys In The Sun Run
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:12 AM »
Sounds like a great day! I'm just jealous seeing all those folks walking around in short-sleeve T-shirts!