Author Topic: Probably the first Empulse R in Portugal  (Read 1127 times)

Seal

• View Profile
Probably the first Empulse R in Portugal
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:07:59 AM »
Hi to all.

Finally my Empulse R will arrive in late April or May.

Any advices for a beginner from the lucky U.S. guys that get it first?

Regards to all

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Probably the first Empulse R in Portugal
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »
Hi Seal, Welcome!

I am also a European waiting for my Empulse (non-R). I wonder who will have it first ;D.
I was hoping that Brammo would have shipped some using Air Force One with this week's visit of Obama in my back yard. But he did not bring any unfortunately :'(
I guess I'll need to be a little more patient...

I heard the boat is on its way though!

Once you go EV, gas is history!

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

You're a beginner on motorcycles, or just electric motorcycles?  The Empluse would be a little bit daunting as a first bike!

Other than that, just be prepared to spend a lot of time talking to people about it, pretty much all the time, everywhere you go.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »
And trying to explain to others why you have a permanent Brammogrin (tm) on your face at all times.

More to your question: just give yourself a few hundred miles to get used to its differences:

> Don't use the clutch when stopping or starting. Ever.

> Don't depend on motor sound for shifting: the motor is happiest between 4000 and 5000 rpm. Shift when you see the tachometer get in that range, and eventually your ears and body will begin to sense that point without needing to watch the tach.

> Most of us upshift without the clutch: Load the shift lever with upward pressure, back off the throttle, and it will go into gear quickly and smoothly.

> To avoid a mechanical "clunk" upon take off, just roll back a little bit after stopping.

> When starting up the bike, don't touch the throttle until you hear a click and the green lights are doing their dance; otherwise you'll throw a fault an have to start over.

> For better mileage, get in the habit of checking your mirrors and backing off on the throttle long before you need to stop when it's safe to do so, so you capture regen electrons and save your brake pads.

> Trust the bike's ability to track in corners: it's really really smooth and predictable.

> Consider printing up some fact sheets to educate interested bystanders and save your time when you don't feel like talking for 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:06:40 AM by Shinysideup »

Seal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
Hi Seal, Welcome!

I am also a European waiting for my Empulse (non-R). I wonder who will have it first ;D.
I was hoping that Brammo would have shipped some using Air Force One with this week's visit of Obama in my back yard. But he did not bring any unfortunately :'(
I guess I'll need to be a little more patient...

I heard the boat is on its way though!

If you have told me this before I would phone him and ask.  ;D ;)

Hope your wait will not be long.  :)

Seal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:13:07 AM »

You're a beginner on motorcycles, or just electric motorcycles?  The Empluse would be a little bit daunting as a first bike!

Other than that, just be prepared to spend a lot of time talking to people about it, pretty much all the time, everywhere you go.

I'm used to talk to people. I know the feeling.  ;)

I work with electric vehicles (4 and 2 wheels) most 2: like bikes, scooters and motorcycles.

I have ride Vectrix, Zero, Volta Motorbikes pre-serie, Govecs, among others (mostly chinese, I only work now with American and Europe brands)

Seal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14:30 AM »
And trying to explain to others why you have a permanent Brammogrin (tm) on your face at all times.

More to your question: just give yourself a few hundred miles to get used to its differences:

> Don't use the clutch when stopping or starting. Ever.

> Don't depend on motor sound for shifting: the motors is happiest between 4000 and 5000 rpm. Shift when you see the tach get in that range, and eventually your ears and body will begin to sense that point without needing to watch the tachometer.

> Most of us upshift without the clutch: Load the shift lever with upward pressure, back off the throttle, and it will go into gear quickly and smoothly.

> To avoid a mechanical "clunk" upon take off, just roll back a little bit after stopping.

> When starting up the bike, don't touch the throttle until the green lights are doing their dance; otherwise you throw a fault an have to start over.

> For better mileage, get in the habit of checking your mirrors and backing off on the throttle long before you need to stop when it's safe to do so, so you capture regen electrons and save your brake pads.

> Trust the bike's ability to track in corners: it's really really smooth and predictable.

> Consider printing up some fact sheets to educate interested bystanders and save your time when you don't feel like talking for 15 minutes.

Thanks for your advices I will follow them.

Printing some fact sheets it's a great idea.  :D

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Probably the first Empulse R in Portugal
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 07:54:55 AM »

If you have told me this before I would phone him and ask.  ;D ;)

Hope your wait will not be long.  :)

I just received a phone call that the first shipments is only Empulse R.
And no date yet when the regular Empulse will arrive :'(
I hope that the regular Empulse will follow quickly though. Fingers crossed!

Seal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »
 :(

Sorry to hear that. Maybe the difference to the next shipment will not be long.  ;)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
I really hope so because with the recent weather I was already saying to myself that I could have done great rides on the Empulse. But with my luck it will probably arrive together with the rain season!

Besides, I am waiting for the bike since 2010, a few more months won't kill me. I just hope that my Vectrix keeps going that long too...

Seal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 12:19:18 PM »
You have a nice bike, it's a pity that Vectrix has gone...

If you ever need parts or batteries for Vectrix let me know. I have excellent guy that repairs or upgrades Vectrix.